Mr S.Parks

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all.

The cu is existing me just reusing it but planning on having a removable surround for access.

Can I ask what u think about the isolators/local isolation being fitted under counter( in kitchen unit along with instantaneous water heater)? Got other isolators mounted above counter but not much space left.

Also, is standard twin an earth suitable for a cafe located within a commercial building?

Thanks all.

The cu is existing me just reusing it but planning on having a removable surround for access.

Can I ask what u think about the isolators/local isolation being fitted under counter( in kitchen unit along with instantaneous water heater)? Got other isolators mounted above counter but not much space left.

Also, is standard twin an earth suitable for a cafe located within a commercial building?

You are asking on this thread of yours, a question that you’ve asked in your other thread ....

more complicated by by calling the threads by almost the same title ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Murdoch still trying to get hang of this site using a phone.

But u think it ok using t an e for installation an fitting a couple of isolators under counter(got about 11 above counter)?

Thanks all.

There's nothing wrong with twin and earth in the situation you describe, providing it's kept away from sources of heat, however, I'd be wary of putting your isolators under the counter, they are not only there for isolation for maintenance but also for emergencies and as such should be readily accessible, and labeled. If something were to go wrong and somebody was hurt as a result of not being able to locate the isolator you could have some awkward questions to answer.