Mwc

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

if installing ufh and downlighters and extractor fan in a bathroom. How many minor works certs need to be issued. Can I get away with one for ufh and one for the rest? Also I understand this is notifiable too as ufh in special location is notifiable. Bonding has been upgraded too. Any pointers appreciated.

2 Sounds good if the others are on the same circuit.

UFH is a special installation not a special location isn't it so notifable when installed anywhere?

2 Sounds good if the others are on the same circuit. UFH is a special installation not a special location isn't it so notifable when installed anywhere?
Yeah agreed. Im not too good at explaining things. Thanks mate:Y

Hi,if installing ufh and downlighters and extractor fan in a bathroom. How many minor works certs need to be issued. Can I get away with one for ufh and one for the rest? Also I understand this is notifiable too as ufh in special location is notifiable. Bonding has been upgraded too. Any pointers appreciated.
Couldnt you just issue an EIC to cover the lot ?

a1Spark.

Only if they are new circuits.
Are you sure Batty ?

I think either MWC or EIC can be issued for alterations to an existing installation...I dont think it is a requirement that a new circuit has to be installed before the EIC can be used.

What do others think ?

a1Spark

Are you sure Batty ?I think either MWC or EIC can be issued for alterations to an existing installation...I dont think it is a requirement that a new circuit has to be installed before the EIC can be used.

What do others think ?

a1Spark
your right - EIC can be used instead of MWC. thats what the alteration & addition tick boxes are for.

in case of working on many circuits, it may be easier to issue 1x EIC instead of loads of MWC

That's what I've done guys. 2 x mwc. Cheers all
My rule of thumb is..

EIC needs 3x sheets of paper....

2 x MWC alteration only need 2 x sheet of paper...

BUT 3 or more circuits amended then 1 x EIC is less or equal to multiple MWC's ...

:) :D

As much as I hate to agree with A1sparks ;)

Yes you could put these on one EIC. There are three tick boxes on the cert after all.

a, New Installation

b, Addition to an existing Installation

c, Alteration to an existing Installation

:)