Name dropping.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not going to top the list, but i used to live across the the road from Ryan Sidebottem.

We used to walk our dogs in the same field, his dog was old and didn't want to run, ours was young, so we would swap dogs for a while.

When an England fast bowler throws sticks for your dog to chase that dog comes back and goes to sleep :)

Really nice guy, went to school with my step-daughter.

My dog chased Eddie Kidd once and nearly had him off his bike. Not recently like but years ago when he was doing stunts (Eddie, not the dog)up at Brands Hatch. Before the show he was practising on the airstrip next to the circuit. He was very good about it TBH.

Also they used to do the Radio One Roadshows up there and one year you could get driven round the track by the various DJ's. Peter Powell from memory drove us. Thinking back I was damned lucky...........could have been Jonathan King!

Tommy Hill - British Superbike Rider for Swan Yamaha, he used to race for east kent schoolboy scramble club at the same time as me and my brother raced for them

Bruce Anstey - Padgetts Honda (TT Rider) met him in IOM 2009, dad met him in 2010 and had his leathers signed by him aswell.

Carl Foggerty - on holiday in torquay in 2003 he was at the waterpark at goodrington

Mike Laverty - 2005 BSB at brands hatch getting a coffee and then openly stating it tasted like sh** and then pouring it on the ground!

Kerry Katona - used to attend same gym that i went to, also seen her often round local town cr (warrington) she not a nice person at times and seen her far too many times drunk!

Jennifer Ellison - brother was invited to her wedding, and she came round to the house to pick up her coat that she had left in my brothers car (dont ask! lol)

Nicola Roberts - snotty cow, 2 weeks after joining girls aloud and winning that stupid comp, she was clubbing in warrington town cr and had more bodyguards then the queen and she stood at the bar telling people to move, do they not know who she was.

Katie Price - Book Signing at the Waterstones in Warrington

Spike Dawbarn from 911, very nice down to earth lad, often can be seen in warrington, or at warrington wolves rugby league games in the south stand,

5ive the Boyband from the 90's - used to live 2 streets away from where i lived in guildford, scott and abs used to walk their dogs on same park i walked mine.

Iv not met, but i did go and see Queen in 1991 with my dad live at wembly stad, can never forget that day! 4 years old sitting on dads shoulders trying to sing along lol!

Bob Carolgees, he of Spit the Dog / Tiswas fame. We were in a cradle on the side of a building he was going into. Felt it only right to start doing the Spit the Dog "in the back of the throat noises" whilst trying to get his attention. He wasn't impressed!

Jim Davidson. At a theatre production of Mike Batt's Hunting of The Snark. In the interval he passed our tray of drinks over to us. My Irish mate didn't have a clue who he was, said "Ta!" and turned his back on him.

ok, google them, or ask me when aned where if you are a dis-believer

jenson button, didnt reallt meet him but he was in the same race my driver was in

lewis hamilton, as above, by the way, these 2 are a while back when they raced karts

Kevin McGarrity

Dario Franchittti, 2 above were down to Kevin's brother racing karts and asked us if we could get a couple of karts sorted for his brother [Kevin] and his mate[turned out to be Dario] to have a mess with on a test day we were having. [we had NO idea who they were until they turned up!]

I could go on at great length as to the bike racers I have met, but I'll mention a few names some of you heathens may be familiar with,

Joey Dunlop , do I need to say anything?

Neil Hodgson, decent chap in all honesty

Carl Fogarty , I used to think he was an arse, but he's actually a really nice bloke.

Slick Bass [Carls spannerman], who now runs a business on the rock, [just buy him a gallon of wine!], frickin nutjob he is too.!

David Jefferies [sad]

Steve Hislop [sad]

John Mc Guinness , can be a bit weird when everyone wants his attention, but actually a really normal bloke away from it all.

etc etc

rally men,

Jimmy & Colin McRae a few others that arent really that famous TBH

met Norman Wisdom, lived in a nursing home near a pub I drank in and used to drop in, nice man.

Madonna & Guy Ritchie the time they were filming on the rock, never spoke to me though, we were working in a hotel and they wanted us to change some stuff for their filming.

Meatloaf,

Roy Walker, - a very funny man. :slap

Garth Brooks

Atomic kitten, 1 was a honey and was very pleasant and talked to us, 1 was totally ignorant, and the other was ok, but just never spoke to any of us mere mortals, dunno who was who cos I didnt know who they were at the time.

Lucy Lawless

NO, never even been within a 100metres of her, I swear, its a condition,

but she is LOVELY, :x

actually, I did meet her once, she was doing a concert on a little island just off kiwiland, I sat on a little concrete hut watching her while I waited for my ferry back to NZ mainland,

I left my love on an island,

I often wonder if she managed to survive and get back OK herself............

ok, google them, or ask me when aned where if you are a dis-believerjenson button, didnt reallt meet him but he was in the same race my driver was in

lewis hamilton, as above, by the way, these 2 are a while back when they raced karts

Kevin McGarrity

Dario Franchittti, 2 above were down to Kevin's brother racing karts and asked us if we could get a couple of karts sorted for his brother [Kevin] and his mate[turned out to be Dario] to have a mess with on a test day we were having. [we had NO idea who they were until they turned up!]

I could go on at great length as to the bike racers I have met, but I'll mention a few names some of you heathens may be familiar with,

Joey Dunlop , do I need to say anything?

Neil Hodgson, decent chap in all honesty

Carl Fogarty , I used to think he was an arse, but he's actually a really nice bloke.

Slick Bass [Carls spannerman], who now runs a business on the rock, [just buy him a gallon of wine!], frickin nutjob he is too.!

David Jefferies [sad]

Steve Hislop [sad]

John Mc Guinness , can be a bit weird when everyone wants his attention, but actually a really normal bloke away from it all.

etc etc

rally men,

Jimmy & Colin McRae a few others that arent really that famous TBH

met Norman Wisdom, lived in a nursing home near a pub I drank in and used to drop in, nice man.

Madonna & Guy Ritchie the time they were filming on the rock, never spoke to me though, we were working in a hotel and they wanted us to change some stuff for their filming.

Meatloaf,

Roy Walker, - a very funny man. :slap

Garth Brooks

Atomic kitten, 1 was a honey and was very pleasant and talked to us, 1 was totally ignorant, and the other was ok, but just never spoke to any of us mere mortals, dunno who was who cos I didnt know who they were at the time.

Lucy Lawless

NO, never even been within a 100metres of her, I swear, its a condition,

but she is LOVELY, :x

actually, I did meet her once, she was doing a concert on a little island just off kiwiland, I sat on a little concrete hut watching her while I waited for my ferry back to NZ mainland,

I left my love on an island,

I often wonder if she managed to survive and get back OK herself............
I should imagine that the top half of your list were posters on your bedroom wall that you used to talk too!!! Only guessing :coat :C