New Kitchen Project

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulSC

Reaction score
I know Admin likes pics, so I'll share a few. I've not been on the forum very much lately and heres why!

Mid year, we decided to downsize to remove the mortgage as things are quiet and don't look set to get better any time soon. One condition placed by the wife was the kitchen had to be extended (the whole house is stuck in the fifties).

Here's what we started with:

before.jpg

A builder friend of mine agreed to to build a basic extension (3 x 5m) under permitted development rights so no planning permission required. The deal was for him to do the ground works, build the walls and put a roof on - everything else was up to me.

During:

During1.jpg

During2.jpg

During3.jpg

After insulating, removing existing ceiling and lowering it an inch or so, wiring, plumbing, plasterboarding and skimming, the goal was to get as nice a kitchen as we could on a budget. All units were cheap as chips B&Q off the shelf units. Sink

After1.jpg

After2.jpg

After3.jpg

After4.jpg

After5.jpg

After6.jpg

After7.jpg

Nice job there Paul, hope things pick up for you soon.

Well done, mate - Fantastic job and thanks for the pics. :)

Looks awesome mate well done, well impressed, hope things pick up for you real soon.

Got a website?

Get into kitchen refurbs!!!

Use this as a sales pitch!

You should be inundated, do a flyer drop around with a few pics & a link to a good picture show on your website.

I'm sure there are a few members who would be more than willing to give you some tips on how to make the most of showing this off via your site...

Looks brilliant mate,

the cupboards do not look budget at all, beautifuly set off by the work tops

Also really good use of tounge and groove as a splashback, any chance of some close ups of that, the finish looks really .....well perfect, on it.

well done

Wow this is a gorgeous kitchen! Total transformation! Great job!

Hi Mark740,

Sorry for the delay in getting back. The T&G splashback is actually a cheat. It's sheets of MDF panels formed to look like T&G, if I remember there called Easypanel (Homebase supply them though I'm sure you could get them cheaper elsewhere). They claim to be water resistant, though I'd class any MDF as water tolerant - prime and gloss them to ensure they last. They were chosen as they matched perfectly the end clad on panels for the kitchen units.

They have a self adhesive strip on the back, which I'd totally ignore and use Pink Grip or similar instead.

Paul