New Octopus Tariff for Solar and Batteries- Octopus Flux

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not patronising at all, very kind words, that give hope to anyone less able than yourself.

I would be very proud of what you've done, and even more so after what you've just said about not knowing anything about the subject a year ago, and now having a fully working system that caters for your needs.

I'm sure there are and will be lots of people who will get a lot out of seeing your system.

Please keep us updated if you add or change anything.

Jay

Just seen this maybe I should go for Flux over Agile, it seems a more straightforward deal and (once I have got a hang of it) relatively simple to set up the inverter to permanently import 2-5am export 4-7pm. I don't have an "intelligent" household and no EV yet.
Hi Mark, I looked at the software in my inverter and could not find a way of telling it to export at certain times of day. Import no issues by time. What inverter are you using?

SunSynk... Which has been great and has specific functionality for Agile but I cannot set the system mode according to time. They are working on it hopefully. Also, I could run a macro from my desktop to robotisé the functionality but it is a bit of a clunky workaround.

What inverter do you use? My Growatt and my Victron are both capable of having schedules set.
I just checked the Growatt user manual. It isn't obvious where you can set this up - the manual is a little lofi so I might have missed the time settings for system mode?

Can you explain briefly how you do it?

Just signed up for Flux. I only have PV at the moment but the increased export rate will outbalance the extra cost of import during peak times for me.

Once I get a battery I will re-evaluate. As I don't have an EV, I don't have access to Octopus Go or Intelligent.

Just transferred to flux, was on standard tariff plus outgoing for export (35.31 buy 15 sell). No ev. Panels plus storage installed Sept so early days data wise, but the flux day export rate of 25.5 plus topping up the batteries overnight if needed were very tempting. Looks like it should make sense for my household.

I'm currently a Bulb customer/Octopus, and I'm wondering when I will be offered/forced onto one of these tariffs?

I'm currently a Bulb customer/Octopus, and I'm wondering when I will be offered/forced onto one of these tariffs?
Unlikely to be forced onto the intelligent tariffs, you need to request to go on them currently.

Octopus is a brilliant company in my experience with very competitive rates and forward thinking.

My mate went onto their tracker tariff, and is paying 17.8p for his electricity and 4.8p for his gas, he's loving it.

This is his response to me asking when he signed up.

"I asked them on 1st Feb but they didn’t get back to me until 6th. I agreed to the terms on 7th and then put it active from 9th"

I just don't think they like you John. Lol

With the right assistants it can be done. I dont use it but it is there

Out of curiosity which assistants?

I did quite a bit of Googling but only suggestions I found was to use Node Red and the grid set point.

I'm using the ESS assistant and I think you have to be careful what other assistants you use with it.

Out of curiosity which assistants?

I did quite a bit of Googling but only suggestions I found was to use Node Red and the grid set point.

I'm using the ESS assistant and I think you have to be careful what other assistants you use with it.
I'll have to check, it's not a feature I use, I feel I've failed when I feed back into the grid.