Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ta and another thing........get rid of the reputation thing under everyones avatar. If you do that why not put all the likes received and sent. No we dont need that either just the avatar is suffice.

yeop got ganged up on by the ......i wont say cos it will happen again!

Bad reputation has been imported from the old forum, all reputation is given by members, good or bad depends on what has been posted with so many members it can soon get to the numbers shown.

Many people have had bad reputation and have regained good reputation by the quality and content of their posts.

one way to get an amazing reputation is to get yourself in a group of like minded individuals, and nearly everytime you post the other members of the group could scoob you and you scoob them. A bit like having a thousand friends on facebook or hundreds of followers on twitter.

I gave you one and your number got closer to zero!

On the old platform a scoob was often worth more than 1 point. We could only import over either scoobs or likes and the scoobs were thought of as more worthy.

If you help people out you're score will cimb as people are much more willing to click (I suspect a good few members had no idea the scoobs even existed).

Also the advantage (IMO) here is the positive or negative reputation points are visible so you can't go behind people's back and screw with their reputation - if you to do it 'to their face'.

ta and another thing........get rid of the reputation thing under everyones avatar. If you do that why not put all the likes received and sent. No we dont need that either just the avatar is suffice.
The Scoobs stay

I fixed your problem, New forum and new broom

one way to get an amazing reputation is to get yourself in a group of like minded individuals, and nearly everytime you post the other members of the group could scoob you and you scoob them. A bit like having a thousand friends on facebook or hundreds of followers on twitter.
Exactly. I dont think they should be there at all.

We had a very similar reputation on the old vB forum and it was in a members profile under there avatar and was a series of square or red blocks

If you viewed the member you could see how many rep points they had received

Back to the subject of "new posts"

If you have been away for a while, or the forum is busy, it looks like it only shows ONE page of "new content"

so if you have been away too long, you miss older "new" stuff.

should it not roll over to page 2, 3 etc if there's a lot of new content since your last visit?

Back to the subject of "new posts"

If you have been away for a while, or the forum is busy, it looks like it only shows ONE page of "new content"

so if you have been away too long, you miss older "new" stuff.

should it not roll over to page 2, 3 etc if there's a lot of new content since your last visit?
When you click View New Content there are filters and settings in the LH Pane

There are also Pages 1,2,3 etc up the top to click on

NewContent.png

PageNumbers.png

You have total control over how much content you wish to see in new posts or (new content)

On the left hand of your screen you will see a section telling you what it is set at now and what you can set it to.