nic domestic installer scheme

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARTISPARKY

Reaction score
hi all... can anyone tell me exactly what they went through on there inspection day??? i dont have a clue what to expect, and although i know im a competent electrician who has just passed there c+g 2391, still doesnt help me from cackin myself... i think its not the fact of failure, its the fact of forking out another

he asked me to do the tests, checked the paperwork required and then basically checked round the installation, asked questions related to the regs an where would you find abc in the onsite guide etc, thats it, and had a general chat really!

The tests you carry out start with the safe working practice, ie how to verify you are working on a dead installation.

The results of your tests on the day will be compared to the results on your certificate, any way out readfings will warrant more questions. Other than that it is as Badger says.

I concur with GH and Badger. I was fairly nervous when my assessment was due, but once things started rolling, it became easier. At the end of the day, if you know your stuff, you'll be fine! Just remember "safety is key at all times" !

Good luck.

As others have said before, they want to be sure your safe, but the rest of it is about getting money out of you for the membership fees.

I'm with Napit but my first assessment was basically lots of questions I couldn't answer off my head but you are allowed to find them in the big book. If you take long enough I find they point you to the page. Like I said, its about being safe, not quick !!