niceic annual assessment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkattack

Reaction score
Hi, got my niceic annual assessment coming up and obviously need to get two jobs ready. someone said the assessor can look at any 2 jobs he wants, is this true? dont think customers appreciate you just turning up ripping there consumer unit apart

cheers

I've got mine next week with elecsa. Most of the ones I wanted to show are on holiday so I've had to change my own board indoors just so I for something to show him. Just get access to 2 jobs and say rest on holiday.

If you are a domestic installer you just present your assessor with 2 jobs that you have arranged access for, it's always aswell to have a couple in reserve just in case.

Approved contractor assesments arecslightly different, they can chose any job but if you are mainly domestic I recon they will understand that you will have access issues to many of your jobs. For my next assesment (AC) I will pre arrange access to maybe half a dozen or so domestic jobs,,, commercial and industrial jobs are a bit different as there would usually be someone there during office hours, isolating for dead testing might be another problem though;)

my last assesment i had two jobs lined up and he asked if he could look at a different one out of 2 he picked out from the certs. one customer i could not get hold of and the other declined as she was on her way out, so ended up at the two i lined up.

if you do come across this and go to a different job of his choice i would say its not a big deal as the distruption is minamul. so long as the customer agrees its ok to come round then should be no big deal

Cannot see how you can turn up at any job with out prior notice with BSI who i am with they have always been happy to go to the jobs i pick after all with most people working these days access can be a problem. The thing is every job you do should be to the same standard so you really should not be worrying what job they see.