NO HOT WATER ARRRRGH... PLS HELP

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms happ

Reaction score
Hi all hope you can help.. have a baxi bermuda gf back boiler... i recently had to replace the cylinder in the attic, the hot water is on flow and open, the flow return is connected .. but ther is no water and no water getting to rads.. what am i missing?

What do you mean no water? No water coming out of the taps or non in the system?

3-way valve packed up maybe? Is it a "typical" circuit i.e. room stat, cylinder stat, 3-port valve, cylinder with header tank etc? Is the controller indicating that it's calling for hot water?

Pumped (hot) water coming "in" from the boiler on it's AB port then out on port B for the domestic hot water or A for the heating circuits (rads). B port may go to the coil in the cylinder. You should have an indicator "paddle" on the side of the valve that moves to say which port is open. Is the line from the 3-way to the cylinder hot to touch? Feel it closer to the cylinder.

Well if its only the cylinder that's been changed and the op means cylinder and not water storage tank, then as posted above air-lock sounds the most likely cause.

Also note, you can still get an airlock inside a vented cylinder!

I had this problem when I recently changed an element. The element was heating air and tripping out the thermal cutout.

Also note, you can still get an airlock inside a vented cylinder! I had this problem when I recently changed an element. The element was heating air and tripping out the thermal cutout.
You've fitted it the wrong way, the element goes IN to the cylinder:C