now i've done it!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonkeyDong

Reaction score
all,

I've just bought a megger pat tester.

Is it worth getting the software? Can you use any make me software or does it have to be meggers to be able to talk to the tester?

Anyone have a copy that i can try? :)

D.

I've just checked the price!! :-(

The cheapest I've seen it is 200 inc!

D.

If you contact Megger Tech services they will give you a 30 day evaluation CD.

Number is 01284 762426

My personnel opinion is the soft wear is well worth the money. If you are doing a lot of testing it will save you a load of time and produce professional reports that can be printed, burnt to disc or Emailed at the touch of a button.

Also, never buy the softwear from megger or a supplier. Contact your local Megger rep (your local supplier will give you the number) and beat him down.

If you contact Megger Tech services they will give you a 30 day evaluation CD.Number is 01284 762426

My personnel opinion is the soft wear is well worth the money. If you are doing a lot of testing it will save you a load of time and produce professional reports that can be printed, burnt to disc or Emailed at the touch of a button.

Also, never buy the softwear from megger or a supplier. Contact your local Megger rep (your local supplier will give you the number) and beat him down.
Could be a good idea to put that bit of info in the "useful links" section?

I know it isn`t technically a link, but...................

The Megger Powersuite software I use also downloads from there cm500 multi function testers and other models. I could never get the hang of it and also had probs with readings on meter. I now use a fluke meter but still use software to print certs.

Batty

Thanks guys.

I will give them a call.

I am a little reluctant to spend 200 quid - As I dont do much PAT testing (dont ask whey I bought such a fancy tester!) Pray

The outly never ends with PAT - Tester, software, barcode scanner, printer, etc...

Oh well - Its only money! :eek:

D. Guiness Drink

Thanks guys.I will give them a call.

I am a little reluctant to spend 200 quid - As I dont do much PAT testing (dont ask whey I bought such a fancy tester!) Pray

The outly never ends with PAT - Tester, software, barcode scanner, printer, etc...

Oh well - Its only money! :eek:

D. Guiness Drink
You certainly will need to do a lot of pat testing to get your money back.

Batty

Bit late in posting I know, but I only signed up recently.

I personally use SimplyPats software, it

Bit late in posting I know, but I only signed up recently.
It's never too late to do your first post Spark, Welcome.

And there is no harm in resurrecting an older thread either, I think we have had older ones brought back to life before now, some information remains relevant for a long period. Thanks for your input.

Doc H.

It's never too late to do your first post Spark, Welcome.And there is no harm in resurrecting an older thread either, I think we have have older ones brought back to life before now, some information remains relevant for a long period. Thanks for your input.

Doc H.
One thing I really like about this forum is no-one minds if old threads are resurrected if there's something new to add - some places get shirty!

Welcome BTW :)

I think, Personally - It is quite nice to see an old thread again. :)

One thing I really like about this forum is no-one minds if old threads are resurrected if there's something new to add - some places get shirty!Welcome BTW :)
Don't even think about routin up any threads about exporting earths!!!!! ]:) :D :^O:^O:^O:^O