NVQ lvl3 revision help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonClif

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm currently working on revision for my level 3 NVQ, I've been given some mock exams to run through.
Almost all of the exams are closed book, and there are questions that have me stumped.
eg.
What is the grouping factor for 7 circuits?
What is the tripping time for a 6a BS88 fuse at 10a fault current?

I could find these answers in seconds with the books in front of me, but am I supposed to memorise every chart, table, etc. in BS7671 and GNs?
If so, any tips on committing so much to memory?

They would not expect you to know that without the books. Where did the mock exams come from?

They would not expect you to know that without the books. Where did the mock exams come from?
From the company I'm doing the training with, the tutor did say the mocks are a lot harder than the real tests, but this is a bit crazy.

I'm going to drop them a message, while I get you should remember certain numbers and values, memorizing every charts does seem a bit wild

these is not a closed book questions,
My tutor just replied confirming that the part
no. there open book exams. youre not expected to remember everything in the charts etc, just to know where to look at how to find the information you require
Yea I've just had a message from my tutor, one's a mistake, and one's an open book mock.
I'm relieved. I'm happy to do what it takes, but that seemed beyond me

Latest posts