Oil Companies Price Fixing.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some innocent poor sods will get the sack.

The guilty party will be asked to resign and will get a pension payoff far greater than any of us will ever get.

And nobody in authority anywhere will ever be proven to have known anything.

And the price of fuel won't come down.

The tax payer would not see a penny of it just like the last time they taxed a big company for over charging their customers

Just heard on radio they raided the offices of BP and Shell  .    Disgraceful .

It prompted phone calls to the radio about the cost of a gallon ( sorry litre)  and two callers thought that fuel sold by supermarkets was cheaper because it was a lower standard .  Both reckoned their cars didn't function properly on supermarket fuel!!!

Its actually nonsense as it all comes from  the same terminals ...all the different tankers fill up with same stuff . Its all to do with buying power and /or discounting .

Years ago I worked on a Gulf terminal  which went out as every make you could think of .  

Last edited by a moderator:
Its in the paper today (not saying any truth innit :) )saying its cost us an average on £2k per household.  Ffs criminals :(

Over 60% of the price we pay is VAT and tax. A few pennies either way doesn't matter - the big chunk the government takes makes me cross.

Take take take, that's all it seems to be, I feel like ditching this country for good, but where could I go.
How true - no wonder so many people are 'at it'.  This country didnt seem too bad 20 years ago but now its a joke.  I never thought of emigrating but im pretty certain once me mum goes im off to Oz or Spain with the family.  This countries finished

It prompted phone calls to the radio about the cost of a gallon ( sorry litre)  and two callers thought that fuel sold by supermarkets was cheaper because it was a lower standard .  Both reckoned their cars didn't function properly on supermarket fuel!!!

The entire global output of fuel is essentially the same.  There was a problem

when "green" unleaded fuel went on the market because Lead Tetraethyl, an

anti-knock additive, was a natural lubricant for the fuel injector and pumping

systems.  A quick solution had to be found to this problem and if you evaporate

a given quantity of unleaded, there will be a residue left that will not dry up.

Where diesel is concerned, the problem is wax.  Exactly how much wax is in the

product prior to final refining I have no idea but the wax content will certainly

affect the "ease of start" on a cold day.

I have seen fuel systems in which filters had to be changed/cleaned daily in

cold weather because the wax was clogging the system and nearly stopped

the engine.

Some of the older members may remember 3 and 4 star fuel in which the

amount of anti-knock additive was varied.  There was even a 2 star variant

which went out yonks ago.

FUEL,

dont tell me there is no difference in it,

there is a massive difference in the quality of fuel to be found at a lot of garages,

Im not saying its the fuel companies at fault, maybe its the turnaround or how clean the tanks are kept, or whatever,

but,

there is a massive difference in quality out there,

maybe not noticeable in a normal car, but deffo a couple of horse on a racing motorbike, and even worse, pinking in 2 strokes,

TBH, most high performance 2 strokes need de-tuned slightly to run on 'normal' fuel these days, or need octane booster or av-gas or similar to run anyway decent at all.

if you want to do your own straw poll, try the isle of man during any of the race periods and see how many racers use the same places to get fuel, and avoid others like the plague.

The entire global output of fuel is essentially the same.  There was a problem

when "green" unleaded fuel went on the market because Lead Tetraethyl, an

anti-knock additive, was a natural lubricant for the fuel injector and pumping

systems.  A quick solution had to be found to this problem and if you evaporate

a given quantity of unleaded, there will be a residue left that will not dry up.

Where diesel is concerned, the problem is wax.  Exactly how much wax is in the

product prior to final refining I have no idea but the wax content will certainly

affect the "ease of start" on a cold day.

I have seen fuel systems in which filters had to be changed/cleaned daily in

cold weather because the wax was clogging the system and nearly stopped

the engine.

Some of the older members may remember 3 and 4 star fuel in which the

amount of anti-knock additive was varied.  There was even a 2 star variant

which went out yonks ago.

I must be really old I can even remember 5 star you would use it in high performance cars like your Lotus Cortina.

I must be really old I can even remember 5 star you would use it in high performance cars like your Lotus Cortina.

I remember that stuff....posh.