online advice for 17th edition boards

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pses

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone have a link for a site explaining the importance of rcd's and 17th edition boards?

I'm do alot of work for a letting agency and land lords are getting tighter and tighter for when I advise installing installing rcd protection.

The lady I deal with at the letting agency asked if I know of a link she could send land lords to help.

Ive looked online but can't seem to find anything I can send her.

Cheers

+1 send them an email on esc website and they'll send you an a4 box full of leaflets and the bonding one is great for giving to customers who think your doing unnecessary work installing bonding :)

HiDoes anyone have a link for a site explaining the importance of rcd's and 17th edition boards?

I'm do alot of work for a letting agency and land lords are getting tighter and tighter for when I advise installing installing rcd protection.

The lady I deal with at the letting agency asked if I know of a link she could send land lords to help.

Ive looked online but can't seem to find anything I can send her.

Cheers
As Andy has said the Electrical Safety Council website has a wealth of information for users, homeowners, landlords etc. Are any of these any help? RCD's RCDs Explained : Electrical Safety Council

Their Landlords guidance booklets have general information on a wide range of electrical topics, but they do not appear to have been specifically updated yet in relation to 17th edition. Guidance for landlords : Electrical Safety Council

And from the ESC's statistics page approx 52% of private rented properties do not have adequate RCD protection.

Statistics : Electrical Safety Council

One of their real-life short video stories specifically refers to RCD's

Real Life Stories : Electrical Safety Council

Doc H.

Cheers for the responses, ive already got a box of the leaflets from screwfix which I give to customers but I communicate with the letting agency through email and then they email the land lard which is why I needed a link.

I'll have a look at the websites above tomorrow( having a paperwork day....) cheers

A small suggestion landlord is one word not two

That is not meant to be nasty, more a hint as to where you may be failing:)

Cheers for the responses, ive already got a box of the leaflets from screwfix which I give to customers but I communicate with the letting agency through email and then they email the land lard which is why I needed a link.I'll have a look at the websites above tomorrow( having a paperwork day....) cheers
I had visions of a fat greasy landlord who doesnt want to spend any money. Perhaps thats where the problem lies!

Latest posts