Ouch (Important warnings to all working around electricity)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AH,

I dont find them any more expensive than the also rans TBH,

and yes, I have a pair that got bit the very first time I used them, :(

been using them for +24 years now and in all honesty I wouldnt give the time of day to anything else.

I can use my pliers to cut 25mm tails, so why buy 2 tools to do one job?

A spark I used to work with got sloppy and hacksawed through a live pyro, now that hurt !--- he said a bit more than "ouch".
wouldnt of thought he would get much of a shock - hacksaw also being in contact with the sheath should have taken the fault current

A bit like you ain't a driver till you have had a crash................................ballacks!

I was working inside a property and just glanced out of the window to shout tea time to the builder, he was in a hole sawing through an old soil pipe, a huge flash and he clamberd out all dazed, the old soil pipe had the mains cable in them..... 15 eons guys and 6 hours later power was back on. Must have cost his insurance company a fortune

Have seen mains cables and gas run in clay pipes up drives ours had warning bricks with electric on them. seems a bit dangerous running it in a soil pipe.

On a similar vein, I once saw a 'cable' getting spiked before it was cut, turned out it wasn't a cable but the black plastic main water pipe into the office block. What a cracking water feature fountain we had. Still makes me smile thinking about it. We also had a very clean cable spiker.

Reminds me of a job where I two large flats over a row of shops was being changed to three smaller flats

We had to have a new supply and dno were on site doing this so the existing head and supply had been removed days before and now was being reinstalled in a new position

So we knew there was no power at all in any flats as there was no supply head!

Plumber in front of me shoves copper length under floor from landing to kitchen huge blue flash and lands in my lap!

Calls me all the names under the sun so I explains there isn't any power on

Lifts boards to find lump of very old 6mm coming from shop below through joist 1" from wall with end flush with hole in joist

Turns out bloke in flat was a handyman who looked after all the shops below but also had a sideline in video piracy

He had rigged up a new supply for this enterprise from shop below at some point for free electrickery and on moving out had disconnected it live and left it where it came through he wall!

Shop below the cable was shoved in main switch incoming because obviously a 30a wylex fuse wasn't enough for him

Shop owner never knew anything