Panel Heaters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have worked out the ampage and I dont think its a good idea to install 5 panel heaters with  a cooker circuit, shower all these turned on at once 43.45+45 and whatever an electric cooker takes be over the dno fuse whatever it is 80 or 100 amp have to do with a gas cooker or put in less panel heaters and update the existing old gas fires to new gas fires in the bedrooms to get the ampage down!

Do not forget there is a diversity factor which you are obviously aware of in the big green book this tells you what variations can be made for cyclic loading and elements going on and off all the time and units being temperature controled the DNos fuse will take in excess of its rated value for a long timed depending on the load drawn again you can calculate these from the bullrush tables you know the ones that look like bullrushes blowing in the wind which are in the obvious place also be aware of increasing the fixed load of an a installation in excess of 10kw used to be subject to mains approval and if you go over this the DNO can get very moody with you if they can be bothered as you are doing the design and the install then any issues will fall upon your scapula just saying

I will look at the bull rush tables and diversity I have got the heaters ,cooker and shower at 114 amps that's using 2kw heaters if I chose to do so(always use 1kw heaters) a. 10.5 kW shower And a 6kw cooker switched on at the same time which is unlikely really but could happen