Panel/Storage heaters have own circuit?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joet1110

Reaction score
I came across 2 panel heaters on a 16A radial today. Strictly speaking I would say there is nothing wrong with that because they are within the fuse rating but my question is, is there a reg to say heaters have to be on a dedicated fuse or can you fit as many as you want providing cable and fuse size are appropiate?

Cheers

What are the panel heater ratings?

Read appx. 15 on the avoidance of

long term overloads.

HTH

Just to expand on what Noz has said, let us have a

little more information on the circuit protection, panel

heater ratings and you will have some excellent answers

on what can be done and/or how it should be arranged.

The regulations are primarily concerned that fixed load heating should not be incorporated into an RFC which also supplies sockets around a property. The regs have nothing to say about supplying more than one heater from a single radial circuit. Like Noz says, as long as the usual design rules are followed then, in general, two heaters on one radial is fine. As Tech points out, if you're looking for a more detailed answer then you're going to have to ask a more detailed question.

I came across 2 panel heaters on a 16A radial today. Strictly speaking I would say there is nothing wrong with that because they are within the fuse rating but my question is, is there a reg to say heaters have to be on a dedicated fuse or can you fit as many as you want providing cable and fuse size are appropiate?Cheers
No and Yes

Thanks for your help, the install was fine with what you guys said.

The panels were only a few amps and were well within the 16Amps. Its was a question ive always wanted to ask.