part p assessment! fail or pass?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparknorfolk

Reaction score
has anyone on here ever failed a part p assessment and if so on what? got mine in a couple of weeks and really ****ting a brick! any help much appreciated

has anyone on here ever failed a part p assessment and if so on what? got mine in a couple of weeks and really ****ting a brick! any help much appreciated
Hello sparknorfolk, there are quite a few threads on the forum about assessments. I think the general consensus is don't get worried, all the scheme assessors are helpful and human. Hopefully Apache or someone else can find the links that I couldn't find.

Doc H.

You will do ok

If you are doing the job right and have a reasonable understanding of the Regs and Testing then theres nothing to worry about.

Which scheme provider are You going with?

Have You got a decent 2 or 3 Jobs set up to take him on?

Is the paper work all up to spec?

Generally you may get a few none conformities which are things that will need putting right, could be not having correct books, maybe the way you keep your paperwork and the like. These things you will be given a certain amount of time to put right. As others have said part p providers want your business so unless you really do not no what you are doing you should be fine. Good luck.

Watch the H&S stuff when you are asked to do some testing.

ok thanks guys i have a garage to show him, swa from house garage c/u ring main and lighting
If your going NICEIC you will need work from at least 2 addresses, only one of which may be your own. At least one must be major work, for which your place qualifies, you will however need to show him another job.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Elecsa said same thing to me. Had 1 major and 2 minor jobs lined up and we never left the first job.

i've just had my latest assessment with napit, gave me an hours notice and met me at an extension job which i hadn't even started!

however as i do work for b&q and he is their local assesser(he checks every b&q job on completion) he said he'd seen enough of my work so we had a cuppa and a friendly chat about microgeneration and that was that.... happy days

no discount mind!?!?

I have my next assessment on the 12th

consumer unit change

extra socket spur in another

worried about it ?? not really, met my assessor the other week in my street and if my work was still to the same standard as previous i have no worries.

entry must be getting slack then !!!!!!!!1

Be yourself and get the kettle on when he walks in......

As its your first time get chatty with him it will calm the nerves....

Had my assessment,,,,,,no problems at all

asked me a couple of questions one i didnt know but i said i know where it is in the building regs,,found it it he was happy

had all my paperwork,books etc laid out for him on arrival he was well impressed.

cu change was the job

safe isolation

neat consumer unit,,,,, was commented on

continuity checks on a ring

r1+r2 checks on same ring

zs on same ring

visual on bonding,,,labelled

home time,,,debrief

one tip i was given.....

because my cu was very neat it was difficult to trace the ring cables across the board.it was suggested i put numbered rings on one leg.Helps for the

r1+r2 checks

Well done on passing... not that hard in the end was it!

Got my annual assement on Thurs PM, normally I would keep the morning clear but this time I've booked a small job in!

Jobs.. bathroom extractor fan in mine and a full rewire nextdoor but 1!... nice and close

one tip i was given.....

because my cu was very neat it was difficult to trace the ring cables across the board.it was suggested i put numbered rings on one leg.Helps for the

r1+r2 checks
Well done on passing again.

With regard to the tip. I have always done it, from my college days.

Checked my Brother-In-Laws Ring Final last year, located one leg and marked it with Ins Tape.

Much easier when I was doing Cont, and R1+R2 last month. :)