Part P

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just another after thought to this topic..There is AFAIK absolutely nothing stopping any electrical contractor joining more than one Part P approved scheme provider.
More poor management from Elecsa means i am still listed as full membership with them, get the stickers, newsletter and listings, yet i have not paid them for 3 years now as we have been full Niceic members. :^O

Although in that 3 years i have not had one call for work because of Elecsa but get a couple of calls per month because of Niceic membership ; \

I take your various points on this one guys, all valid really . When I think back a few years we were NICEIC members ( I was not the QM) . This opened up work for Hospital, School, Police, MOD , Probation Service etc. And this particular local council ( Not B,ham BTW ) Then they dumped us when that BS thing came in ( Quality Assurance or something) We were asked to stump up

I'm not sure why the plumber thought he should phone the council first to 'check' whether Elecsa were alright?Doh!

Just do it and notify as per norm... let the council tell Elecsa to naff off and see what the response is! :D
Response ,I think, would be me not getting paid :(

Yeah, we all went off at a tangent at first as we thought it was a notification issue.

Perhaps I didn't use great examples of segragatative practices in my other post in this thread, apols to anyone offended.

Oh come on guys !! lets not start bickering about going off on tangents :)

I mean, most posts do anyway, final posts on a thread are often nothing to do with the original .

To update this post , I have been asked to e-mail Part P certificate which I've done. All this for one days work, if it was B,ham, just do the job and notify, simple really.

Deke

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh come on guys !! lets not start bickering about going off on tangents :) I mean, most posts do anyway, final posts on a thread are often nothing to do with the original .

To update this post , I have been asked to e-mail Part P certificate which I've done. All this for one days work, for B,ham, just do the job and notify, simple really.

Deke
I never go of on tangents

Where's the cheapest place to buy rawlplugs from?

The only job I have this week is to wire a shower for a plumber doing up a bathroom in a council owned , protected bungalow.Plumber phoned this morning to say that the council in that area will not accept ELECSA registered electricians, only NICEIC !!

Deke
Spoke to my Elecsa Assessor today who says that councils are starting to stipulate/use Elecsa sparkies

Ipswich for one

there is hope yet !!!!!

The only job I have this week is to wire a shower for a plumber
Quite how anyone worked out that the council was only accepting NIC & not ElecSa sparks borders on NVQ level 3 in ESP... :D

Update on the NICEIC only thread !! After e-mailing a scan of my ELECSA Cert to the client , who presented it to the council in question , I now have permission to work at their property. :| I wonder if one of those bathroom / kitchen fitter 2 day wonder course Part P eers would have the same problem ?

I did notice how on the mark this lot must be, on the C/U is a traffolite label about 3" square with all the test info on it , Ze etc. From the 1970,s too !!

Deke

Update on the NICEIC only thread !! After e-mailing a scan of my ELECSA Cert to the client , who presented it to the council in question , I now have permission to work at their property. :| I wonder if one of those bathroom / kitchen fitter 2 day wonder course Part P eers would have the same problem ?I did notice how on the mark this lot must be, on the C/U is a traffolite label about 3" square with all the test info on it , Ze etc. From the 1970,s too !!

Deke
I would be interested to know if your results tally. ?:|

Response ,I think, would be me not getting paid :(
On what grounds? - if any Local Authority requires you to be a member of any particular organisation in order to carry out work, they MUST stipulate which one(s) and why, in a clear and concise manner. Strangely enough, they refuse to do this.

Gravy train anyone?