partial rewire price ??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt.leung

Reaction score
trying to price a partial rewire, and i am having issues...

2 way lighting circuit (hall and landing)

bedroom one - lighting pendant and 2 double sockets plus 1 additional

bedroom two - lighting pendant and 3 double sockets

bedroom three - lighting pendant and 3 double sockets

bathroom - pull switch and light

wc - pull switch and light

loft - pull switch and 2 battern holders (3 plate).

each room is full of junk, but client says that he will move it all out..(lets hope).

location is a 3 bedroom house in london / kent.

moving the junk, and time scale lifting of floor boards... working around room by room with feeding power for sockets...

i find a full rewire so much easier

It depends on how full it is , if your going to have to move all stuff out of one room then put it back and then move other room into the one you have just Been in it could add another day and half on so call it 2 days depending on how much stuff there is ... You could do with a empty room your not going in to throw all stuff in ... I would personally not touch a full house , I would give them quote for it to be empty and a huge price if it's full .

Have fun

I am always wary when people say they will clear rooms if they don't it can cost you a lot in time. I did a rewire a few years back customer took carpets up and cleared rooms as we did it. Now I did a lot of extras but did not charge for these as he saved us loads of time and I still made a good profit which is unusual on lived in rewires.

Yes, precisely my point.

They sometimes say (without asking if needed), "yeah, no prob, the rooms will be empty and/or carpet lifted...." etc etc, and then you get on site and find they arent, and it then becomes a battle of wits.

Just price worse case, and if they do actually do what they say, you can knock a bit off or whatever.

The importance of any signed contract would be helpfull here, I think Andy has copies of his standard contracts for domestic work available in the download section.

since were on about rooms full of stuff.... whats the worst youve found?

few years ago whilst working with a heating team, there was some bloke who had every issue of a certain newpaper (cant remember which one) all stored in a room. the piles were floor to ceiling, all space taken. there was only just enough room to open the door, and about half a meter of space left on the top of one of the piles next to the door.

this was a few years back, so maybe the other room is half full now?!

these rooms where not that bad, wow andy that is a lot of moving...

do u think the 10 day estimate is too much, just dont wanna do my self short of time, if i do have to move stuff etc... still thinking of 1500.00 regardless....

the papers didnt get moved. the existing heating system was ripped out (except that room) and replaced. pipes were left with service vales & stop ends in the loft above so rad could be installed once room was empty (i.e next tenant!)