Pendant light wiring help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martyn Smythe

Reaction score
After removing an old pendant light fixture and removing the rose, I am hoping to get some guidance on the below wiring.

I appear to have three cables:

1) Brown, Blue, Yellow
2) Brown, Yellow
3) Blue

I've done some digging online, but have been unable to find an explanation for how this should be wired to the rose.

Some additional details. There are two pendant lights using one switch. I believe the other pendant light is a slave of the one in the picture.

Attachments

• 20230721_175524.jpg
    20230721_175524.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
Once you've ripped it apart like that probably only an electrician with appropriate test gear, (and knowledge), can restore it.
If you have a photo of it before dismantling then maybe we could advise you.
Also, I think those "Yellows" are actually green/yellow earth wires and should be connected together to ensure other parts of your house have earthing.

Last edited:
Show a pic of the other one you haven't pulled apart but as above there may be little we can tell you.

you didn't need to do much digging online to find out how it should be wired, all you needed to do was make a note of how it was before you ripped it down. you'll now need some test kit ad knowledge of how to use them and electrics to find out what wire goes where

Singles available in all the size's, used exclusively in Europe, no T&E used, all conductors must be of the same c/c and double insulated, Ireland do have a T&E that complies.

Probably wired in singles and earth, so brown singles and earth switchwire, blue last on circuit from previous rooms and twin and earth to the next down light.