Perimeter Intruder Warning

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin Spark

Reaction score
Guys,

need your help please to some ideas on what to install, so hope you can follow the scenario:

Detached bungalow where an intruder has come onto the property from rear of the garden and attacked female home owner.  Although no issues at the moment, the driveway which comes in at 45deg to front of property is secluded from other properties with trees and bushes and so needs protection.

Currently no landline has been installed (just using mobile phone) and there are no outside lights.  However there is an ADE accenta mini intruder alarm and most of the property has been rewired including loft conversion, therefore cable runs might be difficult.

Looking at installing as a minimum

• 1PIR floodlight to rear of property
  • 1 PIR floodlight towards the driveway
  • and maybe another light near to the car on the drive as you cannot see it from the bungalow

So where I am needing assistance, is for the resident to get an early warning with an internal sounder or chime etc in addition to the lights coming on in that area.

She does get cats and foxes in the garden, so I dont want anything that will be going off every 5 minutes and making her more panicky than she currently is!

Hope you guys can help, thanks!

Last month i fitted one of these a customer had bought

http://www.pennylaneelectrical.co.uk/esp-guardcam-security-light-with-built-in-pir-esp-guardcam-p-1214.html

Well made bit of kit, led flood and you can select silent, a barking dog or a warning message to be broadcast when its activated. It also can record video or images onto a memory card. That bit is a bit  laborious as you have to remove it for viewing so i suppose its for  remote use. At least you dont have to feed the barking dog & it wont crap on your lawn.

That link is to an older model with a halogen flood

Cheap decoy cameras are as good a deterrent as working ones with no cable runs.

Last month i fitted one of these a customer had bought

http://www.pennylaneelectrical.co.uk/esp-guardcam-security-light-with-built-in-pir-esp-guardcam-p-1214.html

Well made bit of kit, led flood and you can select silent, a barking dog or a warning message to be broadcast when its activated. It also can record video or images onto a memory card. That bit is a bit  laborious as you have to remove it for viewing so i suppose its for  remote use. At least you dont have to feed the barking dog & it wont crap on your lawn.

That link is to an older model with a halogen flood
Haha!  Was looking at one of these in the wholesaler this morning (have you been watching me?).

Can you give me some feedback on quality of pics/ images are they good enough for police evidence if it was somebody known to them?

Yep they can, but would you want a broken beam in the garden activating the house alarm. Better on an independant system in my view 
Was thinking about this and need to look at programming options on this Accenta panel, maybe have the zone for beams on a part set or chime only for when this lady is at home.

What I am trying to achieve is for this lady to get an early warning that someone is outside so that she can get on the phone quickly if needed.

Slips when you say "independant system" is there something you have in mind?

I`d concur with `pache, too - we`ve got two yuccas in the lawn - brush pash `em, and they sting like a bar steward.

Combined with cctv (real or dummy), and a decent bit of PIR lighting, properly set up - happy daze. ;)

Latest posts