periodic inspection report charges

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdosanjh

Reaction score
Hi sparks jus bn asked to prep a periodic inspection report for a customer what should I be charging for carrying inspection and testing and issuing of a report!!!

Niceic registered domestic installer

So I Shud/shouldn't be charging a set price for the certificate and the my hourly charge for carrying out the test

Or, if you want to take the "other" perspective on this.......

As much as you think the customer will pay.

Do remember that a "standard" domestic Installer is NOT covered by the NICEIC to carry out EICRs (including domestics!) ; as not all dom. insts. have the necessary experience & competence. So purple forms are a no-no!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the advice and this why the forums are vital for any electrician to gain knowledge

It is encyclopaedia of knowledge put together by the very people it is suppose to help!!!!!

@ kme

What does that mean I'm 17th and 2391 qualified very capable and domestic and commercial properties does it still mean that I should be using the green forms!!!

Probably means you need to read the terms of your scheme membership if you don't know what forms you are allowed to use!!

:C

What does that mean I'm 17th and 2391 qualified very capable and domestic and commercial properties
Maybe not that capable if you cannot work out a bit of simple job costing!

:eek:

:|

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:08 ----------

Not for EIC or MWC mate - but EICRs - yes.If you want to issue NICEIC PIRs/EICrs, you need A/C status ( according to my AE) :)

HTH
They used to do the option to pay a second fee for another half day for DI Periodic assessment!

Have they stopped that now??

Thanks everyone for the advice and this why the forums are vital for any electrician to gain knowledgeIt is encyclopaedia of knowledge put together by the very people it is suppose to help!!!!!

@ kme

What does that mean I'm 17th and 2391 qualified very capable and domestic and commercial properties does it still mean that I should be using the green forms!!!
Or simply use non NICEIC logo'd cert's for EICR's.

It's only there way of making more money from us.

If you want to issue NICEIC PIRs/EICrs, you need A/C status ( according to my AE) :)

HTH
Unless you only want to do domestic EICR's you can then do the NICEIC in house course & pay the yearly subscription & do the yearly assessment........just for domestic EICR's

Or do like the rest of us...............use easy cert (or the like) for EICR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you only want to do domestic EICR's you can then do the NICEIC in house course & pay the yearly subscription & do the yearly assessment........just for domestic EICR's
Personally I simply use non logo'd cert's for my EICR. Just set up my Easy Cert for that. To pay NIC extra just to use there certificates seems excessive.

Thanks people plenty of good advice it seems Niceic are just making money out us I've heard other people say this but never thought I would!!!! But in this day an age it seems that if ur not with the nic companies are not interested:(