PIR sticker

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim96

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals, just been dragged over the coals by my boss over a sticker on a DB after a test.

on PIRs carried out you have to state the date of next inspection obvious if it's satisfactory but how long should be put if it's U/S?

Well,,,, if you read the bit in the report where youngsters when the next recommended I&T is carried out it will say something like "assuming remedial work has been carried out to rectify any C1 & C2 observations"

So just put however many years etc that you would have if it'd passed

Just going ghost hunting in a bit....

as above, the sticker next due date is regardless of it being satisfactory or not

the fact that an installtion has a sticker saying 'next test due xx years' does not mean that it was given a satisfactory report

The next test due stickers are very misleading. As stated the dates on these stickers assume that any remedial work has been carried out. 

On occasions when installations have tested near the mark I have reduced the time to next inspection. 

Yep, 5years for me, if readings are not ideal then reduce as you see fit, perhaps 1 year, or maybe even 6months if you think serious deterioration is likely within that timeframe,

This is the problem doing PIRs without enough experience of what to expect. 

Without previous test results it is impossible to evaluate any deterioration since the last inspection and thus projecting future deterioration (and recommended next inspection) is also largely guess work if you have no previous stats to work with.

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what the book says but all the agent and tenants would see is the sticker.

Because the meaning of the sticker quite often not understood by non electrically skilled folk.... they say it as saying its been tested/ispected as ok, rather than its been tested and inspected and there is a report available. I often hand write the word unsatisfactory onto the sticker to try and convey the meaning of the sticker a bit more

Firstly thanks very much for the replies everyone, and the majority saying as I thought(pheew).

secondly maybe worth writing "unsatisfactory, see report" in future as I can see what he's saying and it's a valid point by some that clients can be quick to assume that the stickers just mean everything's ok see you in a few years. 

Thirdly it's not often I give full term on my Periodics mainly only on newer properties in better shape. 

Mince again. Thanks all