PIR

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solutions 1

Reaction score
Hi just needed sum advice on a periodic in spection report for a student accomodation. the flat has 16th edition board in so sockets are on rcd side and rest of circuits on main switch. i couldnt see and bonding in the bathrooms thou. but every thing else seems ok. what would i need 2 do for it topass the pir.i have been told it needs 17th edition db or the bonding doing is correct.

are you doing the PIR or has someone else done it and failed it?

if someone else has failed it then you need to do whatever it says on their sheet of required remedials,

if you are doing it it doesnt seem like you have enough knowledge or experience to do it competently.

Hi just needed sum advice on a periodic in spection report for a student accomodation. the flat has 16th edition board in so sockets are on rcd side and rest of circuits on main switch. i couldnt see and bonding in the bathrooms thou. but every thing else seems ok. what would i need 2 do for it topass the pir.i have been told it needs 17th edition db or the bonding doing is correct.
1/ An installation will NEVER pass or fail an inspection.....

It will be considered satisfactory or unsatisfactory....... ;)

2/ The person doing the inspection will have sound knowledge and experience relevant to the nature of the installation being inspectied... AND the technical standards.!!!

Some may say that the phrase "I have been told".... and your question here..

could imply that you do NOT have "sound knowledge and experience relevent..."

as it could be argued it is rather a basic question.....

But I would never comment....

3/ All I will do is post a picture of some words from page 14 of GN3....

COMPETENCE.jpg

Anyone know what competence means???

:C

What were your resistance readings between the metal bits in the bathroom????

I presume you took some readings... as you couldn't see any bonding?

:coat

What's your budget?

Have you looked into an RCBO on the lights side of the DB?

thanks i think!!!

yes im not very compitent in testing and no im not doing the inspection was looking for advice not a lecture and sarcasum.

RCD protection or bonding is correct, however if all the report is asking for is that then i doubt the entire board needs changing, just a swap of the cpd to a Rcbo (or an external RCD) for that circuit

depends on the bonding,

far far far too many sparks numpties, outright condemn the bathroom rad not bonded as unsatisfactory,

I would guess that in less than 10% of properties I have worked in it has actually needed bonding.