please look and see what you think at these results

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the bathroom light at the consumer unit job hasnt got an earthing point and hasnt even got the cpc going to it, i havent looked in loft to see if its there. The light is all plastic with a glass dome and assumed it is class2 but it doesnt have any markings. What should i do? put a comment on the certificate under comments on existing installation? want everything spot on for this assessor

You've got only one 6A MCB for all the lights of the whole house. But there are two wires coming from it, so are there two lighting radial circuits?

If so I would have used two seperate 6A MCB's for each lighting radial, one on each RCD so when a bulb blows only half the house in plunged into darkness.

its only the porch light also connected into there which has been addded at a later date

You've got only one 6A MCB for all the lights of the whole house. But there are two wires coming from it, so are there two lighting radial circuits?If so I would have used two seperate 6A MCB's for each lighting radial, one on each RCD so when a bulb blows only half the house in plunged into darkness.
After checking for borrowed neutrals.

I see plenty of jobs where the lighting feeds have been split when they should have been left as one.

Where you been lurch? Long time since you been on mate
Got fed up, walked away before I punched someone (obviously difficult via the internet so would have only ended up with a knackered monitor).

Got fed up, walked away before I punched someone (obviously difficult via the internet so would have only ended up with a knackered monitor).
Welcome back Lurch you need to get a cat to kick cheaper than breaking monitors.

passed my assessment:D :D :D havent been so nervous in ages! went really well, checked all paperwork, did some tests, to next job and did couple more tests, few questions and sorted:D

thanks everyone for your help with my questions. And by the way he didnt say anything at all about the connector block connecting the earth, might have been it was right at the back hidden but hey:D

Dan

Congratulations. :Applaud :Salute

If you want your NICEIC Logo displayed under your username, just take a look at the links in my Signature, below.

Have you listed your business in out Electrician's Business Directory?

Details are also in my sig, below.

:D

thanks everyone. il list my business one evening when ive got some spare time.

cheers