plugtop cable grip?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicspark

Reaction score
I am getting a bit cheesed of with most of the plugtops which seem to be available these days; you know with the flexible plastic cable grip which is useless for a cable above or below a certain diameter. headbang

without going round all the suppliers and asking to see one of their plugtops,

can someone tell me where I can purchase a plug with an old fashioned screw type cable grip?

A real bonus is that it pee's off the checkout operator - I recommend you go in a Wednesday when all the pensioners are in.
:Applaud ROTFWL

My Brother in law, was behind someone in a Queue in B&Q, when they had a clear out on their electrical gear. Girl on the till asked how much he had had of each in his trollies. He replied "I don't know, you will have to count them" (knowing full well what he had as he admitted it to my BIL outside).

Girl on the till replied, does a Tenner sound alrtight for the WHOLE lot? He bit her arm off.

You will find that some, admitedly not all plug grips can be reversed for smaller cable.

On the B&Q theme a customer wanted to suuply his own halogen pir so got it from B&Q. I opened the box and it was rusty and had obviously been returned, I didnt fit it and told him to take it back. He came back well excited as they let him have it for 50p!!!!

Yeah you guessed I fitted it, didnt work took it down and supplied him a new one that did work. How tight cost him more in my time then my mark up on the fitting.

Newey and Eyre do a "heavy duty" plug top in both white and black. It's got the name "Permaplug" moulded into the top. I fitted one today to a 3.3kW hot counter. They seem very good. The casing is a sort of rubberised material, so should be plenty robust. Order codes NL13RW and NL13RB.