Pv Problems?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone got PV sol to hand? was just thinking that as panels were very cold, and frosty mornings can be rather sunny, Voltage output from panels can be higher than normal and shut inverter down. PV sol does a check for this, albeit at -10 oC and 1000 W/m2 , but it's at the office,

Last edited by a moderator:
for those of you interested the EMT for this rod is less than a metre from a CU with extraneous metal that is supplied by an exported TNCS :eek: :pray

Newman, Im still trying to make some headway with this, I havent forgot
Thanks for that

I checked the Inverter today , to be honest thr readings were all over the place

string A string B

234v 239v

239v 239v

240v 239v

247v 239v

243v 244v

I did notice a large amount of bird muck on the offending panel, about 2in dia ,could that cause a shading issue

IIRC panels with a greater than a certain percentage of shading, such as bird dirt etc. will shut down and not generate in case they bring the array down.

If they are good panels this should happen IIRC, and if they ensure that they do not become a consumer of energy once shut down this should be OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC panels with a greater than a certain percentage of shading, such as bird dirt etc. will shut down and not generate in case they bring the array down.

If they are good panels this should happen IIRC, and if they ensure that they do not become a consumer of energy once shut down this should be OK.
This could be the problem,been up there and removed the offending muck .........I will keep you informend,waiting for a frosty morning

readings reflect dirt, hence slight difference between strings. Other than that the voltages will jump around quite a bit as fast as the irradiance changes, which can be quite rapid....

Latest posts