Question For You Agency Guys

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesnowman

Reaction score
is any one else finding it hard going atm

I've been laid off for over 4 weeks now and everything seems bloody dead, called up numurous agencies who say there is work but give you the run around!!! was supposed to start a job in walsall today but apparently its been called off

this year i've been laid off 5 times but always within a week or less jumped onto a new job no problem all via agency

i know come december no one really hires so no point looking in this period that leaves me 4 more weeks of job hunting,

really depressing considering i spent £600 to do my nvq, 80% compleated just need a few more pics to get it signed off and get my gold card

and spent another £400 to do PTS training, the idea was to get work on new street station, no ones hiring :(

Same down here in the south west mate, gone very quiet last couple of weeks. Luckily I have just got 3 months work doing nights, didnt really want to do nights but nothing else available! My PTS card just ran out, do you know if you can retake the course if your not working on the railway? PTS worth having mate, I've had a couple of jobs on the railway, very good money

I don't do agency work, but going quiet at this time of year sounds wrong. November and December are normally my two busiest months, followed by January and February usually being just about moribund.

a stack of agency work up here, moneys not great, but thats agency for you,

I get maybe 3 or 4 texts a week.
but are those jobs for real?

called up for a job today, they said it was to start tomorrow in wolverhampton so i forwarded my details, referances etc with them asap

2 hours later i gave a call back just to verify my referances were ok and to get the exact details of where the job was

the reply was that they were waiting to hear back from the company? hold on a sec the first time i called the job was to start first thing in the morning but now they are waiting to hear back from the company

starting to think they were just fishing for my details, the person i spoke to on the phone said all my referances checked out, i called up my ex coworkers to see if anyone called them up about me, you know what they said, no one called in regards to me!!!

. November and December are normally my two busiest months, followed by January and February usually being just about moribund.
thats on the domestic side of things right

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, they are for real, well Ive never known any that arent,

Mostly for sites that I already know are hiring, or know guys that have got starts on.

thats on the domestic side of things right
Yes small domestic jobs for private customers.It happens every year. People have taken on home improvements, new kitchens, extension, loft conversions etc or just general refurbishment. then they have the sudden realisation (or more likely the Mrs does) that it won't be finished by Christmas, so they have to call in the tradesmen to get it finished in time.