question on which certs needed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkies2306

Reaction score
hi guys

quick question did a job recently for local council took down lighting and emergency light ,s so they could fit a new suspended ceiling when it was fitted i fitted the same lights back up

my question is now i have ben asked for a completion cert and commisioning cert for emergency lighting is this right as i never fitted any new fittings just took down and put up again

any help appreciated

MWC for relocation of lighting + em lighting completion cert (on tysoft easy cert ;) )

Thats what I'd be issuing.

You are correct, its not right. You have done nothing to change the installation, which is what it is, you are obliged to provide a MWC, and that would be the total of your liability.

I woul shave thouht that you'd have to issue a EM lighting cert aswell,,, you should have proven that it would work after you had re-fitted it... What if you put back a faulty fitting??
Yes two certificates should be issued, one for the lighting, and another for the em fittings.

If ever in any doubt I just think it is best just to do your tests and issue certificates anyway. Your back is covered and councils do seem to like paper trails and ticked boxes to keep everyone happy.

Doc H.

I would agree with most replies, a MW & EM light completion cert should have been issued. But then I tend to over certify.

Guys thanks for your replies

just just another querry on it.

doing a mwc cert no prob, but when you fill out el cert you have to fill out completion, design, verification,construction certs as all has to be supplied otherwise the competion cert not valid and from what i seen there was no test facilities for lighting, no log book, no original plans there was no design to it so anything i fill on cert not going to be much good except keep me right

lights were just taken down and refitted on new ceiling tile any other comments appreciated