quote help required

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about that Theory, but then thought it wasn't a good idea to have the lighting on the same side as both RMs or is that not the case? Gosh, I've got so much to learn, it's scary :eek:
That tends to be when you have two RCBOs protecting two different lots of ccts.

Makes no difference with an Individual RCBO.

That tends to be when you have two RCBOs protecting two different lots of ccts.Makes no difference with an Individual RCBO.
Think OP was referring to moving lights to RCD side of board with 2 RM's. And I assume he was thinking about nuisance tripping of the RCD if ring main tripped then no lights?

correct

not the best idea would use that as a very last resort

rcbo is the fix in this case

There are some good ideas there Avin, the check list is good, how many times have I sat down to quote and thought " Oh sugar, forgot to see if the main bonding was in place !!

You need to work out your hourly rate. List all your expenses, like vehicle, fuel, road tax etc for the year. Put down a realistic figure that you want to earn in a year and divide by 52. Based on a 40 hour week. The lowest rate I've heard in the building trade is

absolutely Apache - I did think "what the **?" when I read Admin's last post! So are you confirming that it's not a good idea then and better to go with pricier RCBO?

absolutely Apache - I did think "what the **?" when I read Admin's last post! So are you confirming that it's not a good idea then and better to go with pricier RCBO?
I'm not a spark and definitely not confirming anything!

I'd go for the RCBO and charge customer accordingly - if I was a spark.

:D

Looking at the posts again I think Theorys suggestion would be good for you. Break it down on a sheet of A4 then , 1/2 day in the bathroom... move switches 2 hours each so 1/2 day. Etc . List your mats .. add 20% . Then if you think it will take 2.5 days do your labour no less than

How right you are Nozo . Heres a funny thing . Before I was self employed I had come off the tools and was estimating for commercial and industrial work along with the gaffer who taught me his method which was the old fashioned way. It was that long ago we were quoting on

RCBO? they only take up 1 way don't they?
"Scoob" for the VetmanApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

ANDGuiness Drink while you`re at it :D

Admin - my "lackey" is a nice lad, who makes a fair cuppa (needs more practice), and isn`t scared of getting "stuck in" to serious work. :D

Apache no offence was caused but I might eventually get a complex, so how do I add that gender sign to my profile then?

Oh Blimey, I didn't know Avinadoodah was of the gentler persuasion either Blushing Well its difficult to tell from here isn't it Apache ?

Hope I didn't say anything untoward whatever that means.

Perhaps we need a new directive, Every post should begin with the statement ... I am a lady / man / not sure ! ;)

Oh Blimey, I didn't know Avinadoodah was of the gentler persuasion either Blushing Well its difficult to tell from here isn't it Apache ?Hope I didn't say anything untoward whatever that means.

Perhaps we need a new directive, Every post should begin with the statement ... I am a lady / man / not sure ! ;)
Well just by addin your gender to your profile, everyone can see pink for girl blue for boy, tis easy. :D

Noticed youve not done yours!!! do you therefore come under those who are not sure then deke??? :D :^O:D

Now then Admin 2 I'm a ruffty tuffty construction worker, oh yes thats what I am... its just that Steps keeps calling me Sandra and... er.. well its not a bad name... I mean . well ....theres worse names... isn't there ? ;)

Returning to o/p, I have started preparing a "estimating checklist" sort of thingy :)

Hopefully will be posted tomorrow......... Work allowing :)

n.b. Think I`ll need a copy - current job, I forgot to find out that half the upstairs lighting rewire is to a flat roof extension:( :( :( Add 3 days:( :( :(

Got some more photos to come, from the current "happy house", showing the necessity for fixing jb`s securely!!!!!