RCD tripping

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bent pin in the Lamp Holder?

I have come across this before. Impatient/uneducated people trying to force the lamp in at an angle?

Bent pin in the Lamp Holder?I have come across this before. Impatient/uneducated people trying to force the lamp in at an angle?
Now thats nearly as bad as a bloke testing an electric fire...

finding it don't work...

deciding chuck it away so cuts the plug off....

Just forgets to unplug it and switch it off first!!!!

ohhhhh! BANG pop goes MCB & RCD!!!! :eek:

oh and yes... that was me earlier today in a hurry to get down to the tip with some rubbish... just check that old halogen fire thingy...

Shoulda got an electrician in to teach me safe isolation before I cut the flex:pBlushingO)

:coat :(

ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

Spec - as per my original posts on this - request for meter readings.

It would appear the O/P isn`t taking any readings, and is trying the "suck it and see" approach.

In which case, there isn`t really anything further any of us can add. Without definative test results, almost anything could be the fault.

Soul..... Can you give us:

Earthing system, insulation test results, and CU circuit details please?

Thanks

Now thats nearly as bad as a bloke testing an electric fire...finding it don't work...

deciding chuck it away so cuts the plug off....

Just forgets to unplug it and switch it off first!!!!

ohhhhh! BANG pop goes MCB & RCD!!!! :eek:

oh and yes... that was me earlier today in a hurry to get down to the tip with some rubbish... just check that old halogen fire thingy...

Shoulda got an electrician in to teach me safe isolation before I cut the flex:pBlushingO)

:coat :(

ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL
Wally!

It's good to test the RCD every now and again!

:D

Spec - as per my original posts on this - request for meter readings.It would appear the O/P isn`t taking any readings, and is trying the "suck it and see" approach.

In which case, there isn`t really anything further any of us can add. Without definative test results, almost anything could be the fault.

Soul..... Can you give us:

Earthing system, insulation test results, and CU circuit details please?

Thanks
Indeed so sir...

I did notice your initial comments way back on post #2!

One of the lamps has blown; and is shorting; thereby tripping the RCD.OR.

There is a further fault on the cable/fitting, causing a short when lamp is inserted.

Some test results would be useful, please?
as is most often the case... you are straight to the point and looking at the key to solving the problem.

:xGuinness

Hi again guys!

The problem is solved now.The neutral for the lights was on the rcd buzz bar.I changed from rcd side to main side and lights start working.

Now, a new question: How the lights were working before???

The tenant said nobody touched the CU.Is this possible?

The guy there seems to be honest .So, is not other explanation??Is any possibility for lights to work with the neutral from the rcd side?

Could have been an electrician mouse that had got into the CU

Hi again guys!The problem is solved now.The neutral for the lights was on the rcd buzz bar.I changed from rcd side to main side and lights start working.

Now, a new question: How the lights were working before???

The tenant said nobody touched the CU.Is this possible?
i said something dodgy was going on, some ones had there fingers in there.

not sure why though