Replacement Of Mechanical Timer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys!

New to here so be gentle ROTFWL

hoping someone might know the answer to this.................................

Gotta go replace an old faulty mechanical heating timer tomorrow, but cant get hold of the customer or plumber regarding the existing timer make/model, all i have is a text saying.....It's a twin, old style from what he said, settings are timer or constant on a switch and HW or HW & CH on another switch.

I'm passing right by the wholesalers in the morning and hoping to pick a new one up on my way through, anybody have any ideas what the old one is?? and which new digital one i can replace with??

Any help would be great!!!

:signthankspin: :signthankspin: :signthankspin:

Ideal guys, cheers. I thought as much just wanted to check. Typical plumbers text lol........

It's got one of those thingy's on the side and switches up there which turns both the other things on, you know! :facepalm:

I buy whichever one is cheap on ebay normally.

You just have to determine if the plumbing is fully pumped, or gravity hot water and set a link on the timer first before you turn it on.  with the age of the old timer it could well be gravity hot water.

For many years  most timers have a universal back plate, but this can be on either the left or right side. Whichever i pick up for a job its always the wrong 'handed' one and have to move the mounting plate as its in a corner or doesnt cover a hole