Resealing Tool

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The seals used by DNOs (used to work for DNO) are identified to the sealer (person doing the sealing) by a district number and employee number. Just sealing with ordinary pliers is a give away to DNO that seal has been tampered with or replaced.

but they would rather see it has been sealed rather than left open wouldnt they rev?

My mainfuse has never been sealed and the carrier just falls off, ive had to take the cupbaord door handle off so the kids cant get in there. Gonna put a cable tie through it temp just incase kids got in there but was thinking of sealing it properly.

Andy do you use that seal wire then use crimps?

cheers

I sent that seller a question, because he contradicted himself on eBay, compared to his website.

He never replied and I hate that. Therefore, I would never buy anything off of that seller.

I would rather pay the extra and get what I need from a proffessional comapany.

I have done this for years!

but they would rather see it has been sealed rather than left open wouldnt they rev?My mainfuse has never been sealed and the carrier just falls off, ive had to take the cupbaord door handle off so the kids cant get in there. Gonna put a cable tie through it temp just incase kids got in there but was thinking of sealing it properly.

Andy do you use that seal wire then use crimps?

cheers
falls off?

get DNO out to sort it then safety hazard accsess to live parts ect emergency work to be honnest.

all this talk of how to pull fuses and now how to reseal them :p :innocent

the seals matty linked to are the ones i use. they are the same as the EDF sub-contractors and metering services use, EDF metering themselves use ones revjames is talking about with a number on them, and if you have been found tampering i believe they use something i saw the other day looks like a plastic paddlock!

when you fit meters you sign for your sealing pliers and sign them back . dont worry about cutting seals to do a job , you can ring and tell them you have had to cut them in the course of the job but i wouldnt bother .