right way?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Near

Reaction score
I've decided to change my career. At the moment I am working at olympic site as a security guard but I know that after this job ends I will have to look for another one. It's still 2 years to go so I've decided to get some trade skills. I've read a lot, heard a lot and...

- I intend to start 2330 lv2 college way, find a local spark or maybe a company (yeah right :D ) offer few hours free help just to get some experience. Then lv3, 17th and slowly slowly progressing further. Do you think its the right way? I'm doing nights so I can easily spare 15 hours weekly for the full time course and lets say up to 10-15 hours a week as a mate/labourer just to get some experience.

- any feedback about newham college 2330 course? they told me its

Good to see someone planning ahead. the 2330 part time is probably the best way to go. there are some other members here who have done this and could give a better idea of it

and welcome to the madhouse

The full time course will probably be full of 17 year olds chucking bits of cable at each other.

thanks for the quick replies lads.

The thing is part time way takes a year longer and since I am free during the day I think I can manage full time with no problems.

"The full time course will probably be full of 17 year olds chucking bits of cable at each other. "

:] now thats true. I spoke with my mate and he said that last year from 25 people only 2 were offered a job (including him) saying the rest is just too lazy :D

any chance I could get other questions answered?

Hello Ben,

It won't make a difference that you are from the "Continent" as you have put it. It will go on the others that you said after it, such as Honest, Hard working, Reliable.

I have just completed the G&G levels 2 & 3.

Someone on here mentioned that they "Heard" a 'Rumour' that the 2330 was changing to people that were 'in the trade' - but I have not heard a ****ybird on that front, So - Just treat it as a rumour until such time as you see your lecturer.

Good Luck with the course, keep us informed, and don't forget where the forum is, because the Ladies and Gents of this forum are Fantastic, and will help YOU and OTHERS all the way.

Best Wishes,

Admin.

great, thanks for the all answers. I assume nobody here atteneded newham college 2330 so only one question left:

- 2330 level 3 and that mandatory (or not) employment? do you have to be employed to start it? what if you gonna lose the job while you were doing that course? is helping some selfemployed spark even for free enough?

You don't have to be employed or have any electrical experience. It will definitely help if you can find a spark that you could work with but don't worry if you can't.

The course is mainly theory based lots of maths, science and technical information. When you first start its normal to be a bit apprehensive and a bit overwhelmed with all the information you have to take in but stick with it and it will all fall into place.

I finish the level 2 this week and I have loved it, I could talk about all things electrical all day. I start the level 3 September and looking forward to it already.

Just bite the bullet ring the college and book your place, because places go fast you don't want to miss out.

Tim

You don't have to be employed or have any electrical experience. It will definitely help if you can find a spark that you could work with but don't worry if you can't. The course is mainly theory based lots of maths, science and technical information. When you first start its normal to be a bit apprehensive and a bit overwhelmed with all the information you have to take in but stick with it and it will all fall into place.

I finish the level 2 this week and I have loved it, I could talk about all things electrical all day. I start the level 3 September and looking forward to it already.

Just bite the bullet ring the college and book your place, because places go fast you don't want to miss out.

Tim
mate, you're talking about level 2 or 3?

great. thanks for all the infos. I'll be heading to Stratford college to apply tomorrow morning.

Hello mate

And welcome !!

The 2330 lvl 2 and 3 will give you a solid foundation in becoming a sparks the rest is down to experience and learning from being on the 'tools' as it were . The course will take you thru industrial , commercial and domestic. I done mine on a part time basis with just a bit of lvl3 to complete . The lads that I trained with were a good bunch and we had a laugh amongst adults , Good luck with it the time really flies just stick with it ....:Dohm

Latest posts