Safe working practices

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kli1

Reaction score
What would be

the safe working practices for the access equipment used to install workshop lighting?

That depends on the work to be done & the equipment required, it could be none!
Installing workshop lighting at a height of 5m ?

My lord! It's like drawing teeth! For goodness sake tell us what the job is about, what your concerns are, are you doing the job or are you the client, what type of lights, how are they fixed, how many people on the job, anything!

If you want to comply with the proper safe working practices for the use of a cherry picker then you need to do an IPAF course (try and get classes 1b, 3a & 3b)

The PPE that you'll need is a fall restraint harness, short restraint lanyard (not fall arrest), Hi vis vest/jacket, hard hat, gloves and saftey glasses

you should also cone off the area and have a second person down below who has been instruced in the operation of the cherry picker... so that they can get you down if you have a problem

My lord! It's like drawing teeth! For goodness sake tell us what the job is about, what your concerns are, are you doing the job or are you the client, what type of lights, how are they fixed, how many people on the job, anything!
in all sympathy I get drawn too sometimes,

I click new messages and I see what appears to be a so basic question, then I notice it is in student zone so I back off.

I dont always notice though,

so I sometimes get caned,

why oh why cant they get ALI to do that bit.? ;)

Latest posts