Sbs Trade Sales

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave,

The CPN MCU22.............is that 22 single modules? As in it would allow a 2-pole 100A incomer and then 20 Compacts?

Hi OnOff,

The CPN MCU22 is a 22-module box, giving 20 usable ways.

It will appear on my new Price List as my model ENC-22CM.

SBS Dave

TORQUE SCREWDRIVERS
 ​
It would appear that all the SCHEMES are now pushing their members into buying a Torque Screwdriver, in order to comply with BYB 134.1.1 and 134.1.4. 

And they are all offering torque screwdrivers in their on-line shops.

As far as I can see, they are limited offers for either the handle only (Wera & Wiha), or one handle + one PZ2+/- blade (Klauke).

The best deal by far is the NICEIC / Klauke deal @ £40.00 (+ carriage + VAT). The Klauke is the same product as my Felo brand, both made in Germany.

SO, NICEIC IS MY MAIN COMPETITOR!!       AND I AM NOT ABOUT TO BE BEATEN ON PRICE!!!, whilst ever NICEIC have their deal in place. 

The attached leaflet shows a comparison between NICEIC and SBS and you will see that SBS is CHEAPER, with a starting discount of 10% on the Felo handle.

In addition to the cheaper bottom line, if you buy from me, you:

Get it £3.00 cheaper, if it is shipped with an order for one of my boards, for instance.

Get an automatic 10% discount on all other products on the same order.

Get the same price for the whole range of blades, not just PZ2+/-.

Get the deal, irrespective of the Scheme you belong to.

SH*T, I've lost the download again. I will save what I've done so far and send the leaflet separately.

SBS Dave

TORQUE SCREWDRIVER FELO V NICEIC.jpg

FOUND IT!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave, you forgot your MAIN USP!

You are NICER than the NICEIC

You EXIST.....they are a figbox of someones imagination........Mmmmmm, Emma C, FIgs, BOX, mmmmm give us a minute

We GIVE you money...in return we receive something of quality and value

We GIVE them money and.......................

Just saying

Just a thought..........RR in a basque?.....sorry, back on topic

Do you know if your blades will fit the Armeg handle that I posted a while back

Armeg and Haupa seem to use the same source for manufacturing and I 'think' someone said it was Felo?

Hi kerching

Thanks for your kind words. I will take that as a compliment!!

Looking at the images on the Internet, I would say they are not compatible. The Armeg blade shaft is initially hex, but becomes round with 2 different diameters.

I think the Armeg and Haupa products are not German-made, so there is probably no truth to the rumour.

With regard to Compacts, it turns out a PCB sub-manufacturer has had production problems due to power outage, with a knock-on effect to my supplier and others. I am now out of 32As and getting low on other sizes.

I HAVE GOOD STOCKS OF STANDARD RCBOs AND STILL @ £10.00 + VAT.

SBS Dave

I AM HAVING A BIT OF A CLEAROUT!!

BARGAIN BASEMENT #1.jpg

Hopefully, you will find some these items useful and at a good price.

UPDATE ON METAL BOXES

I am hoping to receive stock of the CPN range within the next 2 weeks, for those who have already decided to switch to metal.

In the meantime, I shall have a few Schneider metal boxes in stock by the end of this week, to bridge the gap. I will still have some plastic boxes available.

UPDATE ON COMPACTS 

Fingers crossed, they should be shipped from China this week and arrive in stock next week.

Still OK for TDline  RCBOs and should also have the CPN equivalent for all-CPN Assemblies.

Working on a new Price List, which I shall publish shortly.

SBS Dave

I now have stocks of Compacts and a few Schneider Metal boxes also.

Should have the CPN boxes in shortly, along with CPN Standard RCBOs, for all-CPN Assemblies.

SBS Dave

Hi Blue Duck,

Yes , there is a 4-module / 2-way metal box in the Range. It is an MCU04 using CPN ref..

My ref. will be ENC-4CM. I will be stocking a few. 4 is the number of modules, with the Main Switch taking 2 of them, which leaves 2 usable ways.

All my enclosure models use the same numbering system.

SBS Dave

ENC-24S with 1 x MCB.JPG

Some Members will know about my double-decker boards and I have sold over a dozen on the Forum.

I have 6 boxes in stock, which I am keen to sell to those members who can use them on a Domestic job this year or on a Commercial job in the future.

The box with switch is normally £30.00 + VAT, which I am now offering for £15.00 + VAT. You can buy just the box if you want.

The busbar assembly is normally £24.00 + VAT, which I am offering for £12.00 + VAT.

If you want a box populated with Compact RCBOs, then I am offering the RCBOs @ £12.00 + VAT (usually £14.00), when bought with this box. The layout can be to your specific requirement, with or without MCBs.

If you bought the "Full Monty" with 22 RCBOs, you would save in excess of £75.00 + VAT.

In fact, if you went for that and my current Torque Screwdriver Deal, you would think Christmas had come early!!

SBS Dave

Hi Dave,

I was pestering the CPN Cudis guys quite a lot at Elex - even got a T-shirt as they said my shirt was horrible! Shame not to bump into you but great to speak on the phone.

Some questions spring to mind, thank you:

Have you any prices for the all CPN boards yet? Your price list on page 1 says 'Winter 2014' which is a while before you mentioned the CPN option. Is there a price and turnaround time difference in having black boxes?

Do your compact RCBOs now come marked 'SBS' or 'CPN'?

As I understand what's been said on this forum, if I were to use a Schneider case with your MCBs/RCBOs then, as daft as it sounds, it doesn't' comply with BS7671? So why is it possible to buy mixed options?

Speak soon,

Dave.

Hi Brummydave,

Sorry I missed you at the Show  and sorry I didn't see your post until now.

You were not the only one pestering CPN and I have eventually given up on them.

They have had quality problems and are now having delivery problems.

Later today, I shall publish my Winter 2015 Price List, along with details of my new range of Metal Boxes.

It is the range I was going to import from China, but the logistics of it became quite complicated.

My Compacts would never have had the CPN logo on them, because I buy them directly from the OEM in China.

In fact, the logo on the Compacts will now be changed to  DL, which is the OEM's logo. This is being done for Product identity reasons.

With regard to Mix & Match, this argument has been raging on for a few years and the best that BEAMA can come up with, is that it would negate any warranty, assuming Manufacturers tow the BEAMA party line, and risk p*ssing off their customer base. They also suggest that EIC documentation would not be valid, but you will already have signed for Design, which is to the best of your knowledge and belief. I am sure other Forum members will answer this question better than me.

How many people go to Kwikfit, etc, to buy replacement tyres, rather than buy like-for-like replacement for the ones originally fitted. The tyre technician offers a good generic alternative, based on his knowledge of the vehicle and the tyres. He certifies them for this use and offers a warranty. To my knowledge, there has been no witch hunt from tyre manufacturers or vehicle manufacturers. Why should our Industry be any different?

SBS Dave

Metal Box Applications - LiVE Electrical.jpg4 PRICE LIST - Winter 2015.jpg

I wasn't quite ready to post this info., but since the topic has come up. what the hell!

Later today, I will add some comment to this post.

SBS Dave

I DON'T NORMALLY WISH MY LIFE AWAY, BUT,  

ROLL ON  01/01/2016!!

With many customers on holiday  Aug / Sept., business is traditionally poor for me, during these months.

HOWEVER, THIS YEAR, SALES ARE REALLY DOWN!!

The reasons I believe are:-

• I didn't have metal boxes for those already fitting them.
  • Even devoted RCBO customers have probably been buying 17th Edition Boards at knockdown prices and I can't blame them for that.
  • Schneider came up with a low-cost conversion of their metal-clad box to an AMD3 box and their low prices reflected this. I could have stocked this range, but I don't like the inflexibility of their design, especially in regard to L/H or R/H Main Switch.
  • Some Manufacturers have offered special introductory Launch Deals, which soon may not be available.
Hopefully, by 1st January 2016, we will be back to a level playing field, albeit a non-combustible one !

I hope you like my new metal box range and will give them a try. I have my initial stock order on the shelf.

COMMENTS ON MY WINTER 2015 PRICE LIST

• I still have some EASI9 and TDline plastic boxes on the shelf and will top up with the LiVE plastic range as required.
  • I believe my prices for metal boxes @ £20.00 to £40.00 + VAT are very competitive and a Forum member has phoned me to confirm this.
  • I still offer the TDline Standard RCBO @£10.00 + VAT, although I am not sure about long term availability from this Company. However, LiVE offer the identical model, which I will introduce as I run out of TDline.  The price will remain @ £10.00 + VAT for this 10KA ssc RCBO.
  • My Compacts remain @ £14.00 + VAT, but will gradually change to the DL logo.
  • My sales of FELO Torque Screwdrivers are going well, pushed by the Schemes and their assessors.. I believe my prices are the best buy, if all you want is the handle, plus one or two blades.
  • The subject of Cable Glands has been a tricky one for me. I could sell the WISKA range, but unless bought with a DB from me, then the postage costs would be prohibitive. I believe most of the Wholesalers are stocking them, anyway. I am therefore offering standard white plastic glands, for those who want them as part of the DBs I supply. I am even offering a fitting service, where special knockout drilling is required. I can even prepare the  square back knockouts to your specification, to save you having to do it on site.  ANY INPUT ON THIS SUBJECT WOULD BE WELCOME.
  • I am still interested in the mini-trunking stand-off idea and may develop it a bit further and add it to my Price List.
AS ALWAYS, IF YOU HAVE SOME BRILLIANT IDEAS YOU WANT ME TO IMPLEMENT., PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

SBS Dave

Hi kerching,

Following our lengthy discussion on the phone just now, I can confirm that my new range of boxes are the same as the one you trialled for me.

However, there have been a few improvements from that earlier sample, notably the back knockouts.

I would appreciate your honest opinion (not too honest!!) of that earlier version.

SBS Dave

Hi Dave

The box was fine, the only slight issue i had was with the knockouts being vertical rather than horizontal, but I believe this has been changed in the production model

Very solid construction....captive screws were a good addition as it stops the screws disappearing down into a dark hole

I always use your compact RCBOs and there was loads of space for connecting. None of this malarky with white reference leads, neutral tails etc

With a few minutes careful planning all the cables can be cut to the same length as the L and N lie adjacent

Mount board

Bring in cables

Earths to top rail

Everything else to Compacts

Job done

Yes, I Know, the anally retentive will start mentioning testing etc.....i just did not wish to waste my time mentioning it

For further details see the Plaintifs response in the case of

ARKELL v. PRESSDRAM 1971 for a fuller explanation

Hi kerching

Tomorrow, I will post photos showing the difference between the sample and the production model.

The new box is taller than the sample and it is wider, giving a large space to the side of the Main Switch for the tails.

This results in different DIN rail mounting brackets and I can configure it for L/H or R/H Main Switch.

SBS Dave

OLD v New Metal Box #1.JPGOLD v NEW Metal Box #2.JPG

As promised, attached are pictures of the Old and New versions of my box.

The smaller one is the earlier version and you can see it is not as tall as the new one.

Also the knockouts are now square, as opposed to the peculiar vertical knockouts.

The box is also wider like-for-like, which gives more room at the side of the L/H or R/H Main Switch for meter tails.

The smaller one was normally set up for L/H Main Switch, but I have shown the R/H modification.

The larger current version is normally set up for R/H Main Switch, but I have shown the L/H modification.

I look forward to selling a few on the Forum and hopefully you will see them as good value for money.

SBS Dave