Sbs Trade Sales

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 5 PRICES Summer 2016 - notes.xlsView attachment 5 PRICES Summer 2016 #2.xls

THERE HAVE BEEN MINIMAL PRICE INCREASES FOR MY PRODUCTS FOR SUMMER 2016

As a result of a 10% increase in prices from LiVE Electrical, I have had to increase my LiVE product prices accordingly.

This means the AMD3 boxes are slightly more expensive, but still cheaper than most boxes on the market.

After nearly 6 years selling my Standard RCBO for £10.00 + VAT, I am no longer able to maintain this price, so it will now be priced @£11.00 + VAT.

BUT, REMEMBER THIS IS A 10KA ssc RCBO, WITH ONE OF THE LONGEST AND MOST RELIABLE RECORDS IN THE WORLD. It has been sold in the UK overs the years, by MK, Chint, SBS, ECD, TDline, Contactum, LiVE and a few others, quite often at more than twice the price.

HOWEVER, MY COMPACT RCBOs ARE STILL £14.00 + VAT

Attached, you will find my SUMMER 2016 Price List and Notes, theoretically starting from 1st June 2016. However, I shall hold the price increase until 6th June 2016, in case you have quote in the pipeline, based on my previous prices.

SBS Dave

I SHALL BE OUT OF THE OFFICE FROM 11th JUNE UNTIL 18th JUNE 2016

I can process orders up until Friday 10th June  AM and can resume dealing with orders on Saturday 18th June.

I will be contactable via e-mail and text on 0777 447 9287.

SBS Dave

DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I TRIED TO EDIT!!

"Hi David.

Finally got around to connecting up the consumer unit you made up for me. I haven't powered up as yet, but thought I would send you some pictures as feedback.

I have used the stand off which worked well. Also nice to have plenty of work space.

Thanks"

JUST 4 OF THE 12 PHOTOS SENT BY A NEW SATISFIED CUSTOMER.

This DB was built to his specification and arrived ready to mount on the wall. I also fitted a Stand-Off Frame and insulated back knockouts, which saved all the faffing around on site.

All his cables went via the Stand-Off frame and out of the back knockouts, with the SWA the only cable showing on the box itself. I like the way he double-insulated the tails in the places where there was a chance of abrasion inside the metal box.

Quite an impressive install and bags of room to make a really neat job of it. It is not powered up yet, but if everything works fine, I may have another "believer" in Compact RCBOs.

PLEASE NOTE I SHALL BE OUT OF THE OFFICE   21st - 28th AUGUST inclusive. HOPEFULLY YOU CAN WORK ROUND THOSE DATES.

SBS Dave

CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY ORDERS I HAD YESTERDAY.  ONE WEEK's ORDERS IN JUST ONE DAY.

Probably because I am away 21st - 28th August 2016.

Just to remind you that you can have MCBs with Compacts, this is one I have made up today "to my customer's specification".

SBS Dave

Compacts with 2 x MCBs inside.jpg

Compacts with 2 x MCBs lid closed.jpg

Compacts with 2 x MCBs lid open.jpg

Tis nice, but hasn't left any room for future expansion? 
Hi.

This was my install. There is 1 Spare way. There were 2 spare ways on riginal spec, but during wiring customer added a bath which i put on seperate circuit. The building has concrete floors - no joists or floor boards, under floor heating everywhere. So there is no going to be any extra circuits as you will never be able to wire any hence no need for future expansion.

Hi Kev,

Thanks for the explanation above, as I was unable to respond to the comments.

Hopefully the job went well and perhaps you may try another of my DBs on a future job.

SBS Dave 

MY COMPACT RCBO RANGE HAS BEEN RE-CERTIFIED TO EN61009-1:2012, INCLUDING THE A12:2016 UPDATE.

The Designers/Manufacturers of my Compact RCBO range have decided to renew the CE certification of their DL7NL-40 and include the latest 2016 update to the Standard.

This is because there is an ongoing demand for it on an international level, as it is built under licence by a lot of other Chinese Manufacturers. My Supplier happens to be the Designer and Original Equipment Manufacturer of this product, the reason why there is such a low failure rate. 

It is available in 3 internal design variations, to suit various national standards, but the one I supply is the highest spec. at Icn = Ics = 6000A. See the attached.      And, despite the £ v $ exchange rate,

IT IS STILL ONLY  £14.00 + VAT!

Unfortunately,my other Supplier of Metal Boxes and Standard RCBOs has increased its prices twice in 3 months and I have absorbed the costs in August and September. As of October 1st 2016, however,  I will have no option but to pass on some of these increases, although I will still remain competitive, whilst still offering a bespoke service to your specification. Despite these uncertain times, September is shaping up to be my best month EVER.!

SBS Dave

NEW CE certificate.png

AS PREVIOUSLY INDICATED, I HAVE HAD TO INCREASE PRICES ON THE LiVE BOXES AND RCBOs.

I have absorbed the latest price increase during August and September, but I can no longer hold prices.

Attached therefore, is our latest AUTUMN 2016 PRICE LIST, which comes into effect 1st October 2016.  Changes have been highlighted in yellow.

The changes are small and my prices are still reasonable, bearing in mind I offer to assemble DBs to your specification FREE OF CHARGE.

AND ALSO AS PREVIOUSLY INDICATED, MY  COMPACT RCBOs ARE STILL  £14.00 + VAT

You will see on the Price List, a space for a possible additional Metal Boxes and I am happy to receive your ideas and recommendations on suitable, perhaps more upmarket brands.

If I can't get a Distributor discount on any of them, I wood be happy to supply them at the going rate, if it encourages you to specify my Standard and Compact RCBOs in a board of your choice.

I do have a growing number of customers who buy only the Main Switch / Compact RCBOs / Busbars  assembly from me and fit it into a box brand they prefer and supply themselves.

I am happy with that arrangement.

TORQUE SCREWDRIVER OFFER

My Torque Screwdriver Prices are still the same, at £45.00 for the handle and £5.00 for each blade. Depending on the size of your order, you will get a 5% or 10% discount from that price.

I have a limited supply of the FELO Magnetic Screw Holders, with a list price of £13.60, which I normally sell at £12.00 + VAT, see attached. While stocks last, with every order for a Torque Screwdriver,.

I AM GIVING AWAY A MAGNETIC SCREW HOLDER  FREE OF CHARGE. If you still don't have a Torque Screwdriver, now is the time to get one, plus the very useful Screw Holder.

NOTES

I may be also stocking the TDline Range of Standard RCBOs, as I did previously, as I can still buy them on better terms than the LiVE equivalent. Both are generic versions of the JVL16-63 and the TDline should satisfy the requirements of BSEN61439-1  10.10.3.5, with regard to Device Substitution, when used in a LiVE box.

When my Compact RCBOs are used in a BSEN61439-3 certified box, they should satisfy the requirements of BS7671:2008 133.1.3, by providing a greater degree of safety, over Standard RCBOs, which feature  single-insulated neutral and earth leads. Live and Neutral busbars reduce the risk of leads shorting to earth in metal boxes.

My previous method of calculating busbar prices became overly complicated, so I have reverted back to my original method ie a fixed price per module. "Module" refers refers to the number of modules a box has, including the Main Switch. So an ENC-14LM  has 14 modules and 12 ways. The Live Busbar for it would be a BBL-14R for R/H Main Switch or BBL-14L for a L/H Main Switch. The price would be £4.90 + VAT

Like all national Carriers, the Company I use, Ipost Parcels, will only entertain an Insurance claim for loss or damage, if the parcel is signed for by you or your Agent. Even then, it is a maximum of £25.00. You can get Insurance cover up to £500.00 for an additional £5.50  I can arrange this for you at the time of the order and the Insurance Contract is between you and the Carrier. My default position is that there is no Insurance, unless you specify it.

SBS Dave

WHICH RANGE/S OF BOARD SHOULD I RUN WITH? 

I have not been to happy with my current range of AMD3 boxes, mainly due to the almost impossible removal of the back knockouts. As a result of this, I have been looking at other ranges I could offer in addition to the LiVE ones.

That's why I left a gap on my Price List and that's why I asked Forum Members for their views.

COULD I ASK FORUM MEMBERS AND PARTICULARLY MY FORUM CUSTOMERS TO HELP ME TO DECIDE.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!

It then means I can offer you an alternative box, ie top brand manufacturers and even Wholesaler own-brands. I am sure you are not all delighted with my current range.

TORQUE SCREWDRIVERS

I have just noticed there has been major competition on Torque Screwdrivers in general and my FELO range in particular.

I have seen FELO handles offered at £34.95 and blades at £4.95, but my FOC Magnetic Screw Holder would offset the price difference.

HOWEVER, IF THAT IS NOT OF INTEREST TO YOU, I will instead do the FELO handles at £34.00 + VAT and the blades at £4.50 + VAT.

SBS Dave

5 PRICES Winter 2016.xls

THANKS TO THE PEOPLE WHO CAME BACK TO ME, REGARDING WHICH AMD3 BOX TO STOCK.

Most people reported having back-knockout problems with the LiVE boxes and I had suspended ordering stocks of them, until this problem, along with a few other ones, had been resolved.

I am pleased to say that LiVE have responded to my concerns and shipments arriving in November will have dealt with the various design issues.

A sizeable number of people expressed no preference for any brand of box, as it was the Compacts they wanted, whichever box it came in.

I have had both positive and negative views on BG, MK, SCHNEIDER, WYLEX and HAGER, plus others, but I needed a range that was rated good by a majority of the respondents, to supplement the LiVE range

THAT RANGE WAS  DENMANS'  BASICS and CURVE METAL AMD3 BOXES.

I have noticed that many people across various Forums rate Denmans as a top Wholesaler and their BASICS/CURVE boards as good value for money.

They also considered the Curve board to be stylish, when on show in a lounge or hallway,etc.

I have assessed the BASICS range and their back knockouts are so easy to knock out, the DIN rails are sturdy and the quality and finish is good. And the price is very competitive.

I cannot get favourable deals from the bigger Brands, due their their established Stockist network, or existing deals with the likes of Electricfix, so I am happy to buy from a Wholesaler.

Denmams have just opened a Branch 2 miles from me, giving me quick access to their products and I would carry stocks of their boards, buying at their bulk prices. I won't make much money on the boxes, but I never did, anyway, as the Compact RCBOs are my main source of revenue. I may also be selling the BASICS RCBOs, if requested, so that their box plus their RCBOs satisfies BSEN61439-3.

Attached therefore, is my revised Price List, showing  both  Denmans and LiVE products. Hopefully, my  stock of LIVE boxes and a stock of Basics and Curve,  will cover everyone's needs..

All the important changes are highlighted in yellow and I  have undertaken not to undercut Denmans' advertised prices, even when your order attracts a 10% discount.

I have shown the less 10%  prices on the Price List for your easy reference.

My prices, less the 10% discount, ends up being just a few more pence than Denmans.

AND NOW THE BAD NEWS - I HAVE BEEN FORCED TO INCREASE THE PRICE OF MY COMPACT TO   £15.00 + VAT.

My current price of £14.00 + VAT was introduced 3 years ago, when its design was upgraded to meet the Australian / New Zealand Standards. Since then, I have had 2 price increases from China and have seen the £ v $ value shrink from 1.5 to 1.2 today. Unfortunately and like all Suppliers in our Industry, I can no longer hold my prices. However, most people spend over £100 per order, which attracts a 10% discount, so your

ACTUAL BUYING PRICE IS £13.50 + VAT.

As always, I am happy to discuss my Product and Pricing structure with you, in order to satisfy the majority of my customers' needs.

SBS Dave

Attachments

• 5 PRICES Winter 2016.xls
    29 KB · Views: 16
BASICS BOARD inside.pngBASICS BOARD cover open.pngBASICS BOARD  cover closed.png

BASICS BOARD cover open.png STOCKING THE DENMANS RANGE, I HAVE SOLD QUITE A FEW OF THE "BASICS" STYLE

It is proving very popular and there is plenty of room for Standard RCBOs. AND OF COURSE, THERE IS ACRES OF ROOM FOR COMPACTS!!

The "CURVE " range is just as spacious and is suitable for being on show in a hallway, lounge, etc.

I will still be stocking the improved LiVE range.

SBS Dave

I would like to point out that IF you are considering using a Curve board  the ,'wrap,around' lid can be a little bit of a pain if you want conduits/Pyro in at the sides!

dont ask how I know...let's just say Tuesdays job was a tad more involved than anticipated

if I had used the board above it would have been a doddle. I only used the Curve as I used loads of the plastic explosive ones before I switched to Daves Compacts

if I had a bit more warning then I would have ordered full kit from @SBS Dave but the boiler exploded with little warning ⚠️ 

Hi Kerching,

I know what you mean about the Curve box.

Some customers were asking for a cosmetically pleasing unit and the Curve seemed to fit the bill. A couple of customers asked specifically for it.

However, since I aimed it at the lounge/hallway type application, it is not likely to have conduit/pyro/glands on show.

To be honest,. I have only 6 units in stock and haven't sold one yet.

But someone may have to choose aesthetics over practicality, to satisfy the customer's needs, so it's worth having a few on the shelf.

SBS Dave

I got it without thinking

mounted base on wall then thought....... Mmmmm let's try the Lid first, got away with it but next time it will,be a different story!

having said that, the Curve would look good,if it was on show in a domestic setting. There is enough space in them to stand a a cup of coffee as well😃

Last edited by a moderator:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDERS FOR THE START OF THE NEW YEAR.

My Compact RCBOs are very popular with my established customers and I keep getting a few new customers every month.

Everyone who uses them, acknowledges their advantages over 17th Edition Boards and also Standard RCBO boards.

And, at £15.00 each + VAT, they are not much dearer than the cheaper Standard RCBOs on the market (my Standard RCBO is £12.00 + VAT) and much less cost than the "big brand" Standard RCBOs.

Despite the Chinese New Year shutdown, I still have good stocks of all sizes. IF YOU HAVEN'T USED THEM YET, WHY NOT TRY SOME ON YOUR NEXT SUITABLE JOB?

TALKING OF SHUTDOWNS, I AM ON HOLIDAY FROM 6th FEBRUARY UNTIL 17th FEBRUARY, 2017

I can process orders received up to Sunday 5th February and then again on Friday 17th February. If that presents a problem with anyone, please let me know, as I am sure we can work out some special arrangements.

SBS Dave