Sbs Trade Sales

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 I AM ON HOLIDAY FROM 6th FEBRUARY UNTIL 17th FEBRUARY, 2017

I have been busy this week, with some orders triggered by my upcoming holiday.

I have  other orders coming in this week, but I can still process orders over the weekend, for shipping Monday 6th..

SBS Dave

I recently sent this Bulletin to my customers, having announced a Torque Screwdriver competition on Facebook ECUK Forum.

The competition is in danger of dragging on, so I will close all 3 competitions on 31 May 2017.

If you have a good photo of one of my boards installed, please post it on the Forum. If you haven't bought one yet, here's another reason to do so.

JOIN MY COMPETITION FOR THE BEST EXAMPLE OF AN INSTALLATION OF ONE OF MY BOARDS.

I recently started posting on the Electrician's Community UK Facebook site, generating a substantial interest in my Compact RCBOs. It resulted in 8 new customers.

For various reasons, I ended up offering a prize of a FELO Torque Screwdriver plus to blades of your choice, for the best example of one of my DB installs, supported by a photo/s.

I have 4 photos so far and when that reaches 8, I will ask ECUK to choose the winner.

I can't do that without offering a similar deal to my existing e-mail contact list, who are currently customers or not. So, if you want to enter a competition, please send me photos.

THIS IS AN ENTIRELY SEPARATE COMPETITION TO THE FACEBOOK ONE ABOVE   and the prize will be another FELO Torque Screwdriver plus blades.

Once I get 8 photos, I will ask for votes and the one with the highest votes will win. I you don't currently buy my kit, here's another reason to do so.

Since I am also a Sponsor for the TALK ELECTRICIAN's FORUM (TEF), I shall run a 3rd competition on their FORUM, all with the same prize.

Please note: in fairness to all 3 groups, the winner of one group cannot be the winner of any other group. 

WHAT DO YOU GET FOR YOUR MONEY?

Because I sell components separately, as opposed to a "fully loaded Consumer Unit", a phrase used by some enquirers, people think they will end up with a "box of bits"

That thought couldn't be further from the truth.

I sell components separately, so that you can custom-design a DB to your own specification. You design it, but I assemble it (unless you don't want me to) What you receive, therefore, is usually ready to fit on the wall.  I don't charge for the assembly and it can save you time on site. Occasionally, I suggest arrangements you hadn't thought of, leading to more satisfactory job.

Attached are photos of a recent order for a customer, built to his specification. Once he has labelled up the circuits, it is ready to fit on the wall. He could have specified back knockouts and a Stand Off Frame, which I offer, as a good way to get all conductors and tails through the back of the box. Hopefully, I have thought of everything, but if there is something else I could do, please let me know and I will try to incorporate it.

I HAVE GOOD STOCKS OF ALL LiVE BOXES AND ALL SIZES OF RCBOs. 

SBS Trade Sales

Typical SBS DB features.jpg

Used one of Dave's boards last week on a favour job for my Brother in Law, he forced me out of retirement for a couple of days :)   He was needing electrics sorting out in his new hobby workshop.

I fitted one of Dave's 6 way boards, nice board to work on, robust, and I liked the DP RCBO's.

Sorry never got much in the way of pics, might pop by in a couple of weeks and take some.

Thanks Roy for your order and your comments. Look forward to the photos.

I have just done a DB for a new customer, feauturing my Stand Off Frame and back knockouts.

They makevthe job easier, neater and safer.

IMG_2845.JPG

IMG_2847.JPG

IMG_2849.JPG

IMG_2851.JPG

Here's another one I did yesterday, showing the double busbars and not a link wire anywhere.

I know I am biased, but isn't that so f*****g neat!!

IMG_2866.JPGIMG_2868.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
MY TORQUE SCREWDRIVER COMPETITION IS NOT REALLY WORKING.

A lot of people have bought boards from me, but quite often, it is for board changes, where the existing wiring is a mess. With the best will in the world, the resulting board does not look like a showpiece installation.

SO, I AM CHANGING THE COMPETITION INTO A RAFFLE.

At the end of May, I shall draw the winner from the hat, which contains slips of papers with your SBS Account Numbers on them.

If you are interested in the Torque Screwdriver (and maybe a couple of minor prizes) all you need to do is e-mail your Account Number to me at [email protected].

FOR THOSE NON-CUSTOMERS, WHO HAVE BEEN THINKING OF BUYING ONE OF MY BOARDS, BUY ONE THIS MONTH AND JOIN THE RAFFLE.

SBS Dave

Hi Steven,

The price is approx.  $242.00, + shipping + Georgia State tax (4.0%) + Fulton County tax (3.0%) + Atlanta City tax (1.9%)

Do you want me to ship it, or will you collect?

SBS Dave

Hi Steven,

The price is approx.  $242.00, + shipping + Georgia State tax (4.0%) + Fulton County tax (3.0%) + Atlanta City tax (1.9%)

Do you want me to ship it, or will you collect?

SBS Dave

You've been hoodwinked by a spambot. Ignore it.

Blue Duck spotted I was being ironic.

On the other hand, it could be a million to one chance to break into the US market.

Or am I still being ironic???

Blue Duck spotted I was being ironic.

On the other hand, it could be a million to one chance to break into the US market.

Or am I still being ironic???

Who knows?

At one time of day I might have had a go at doing a serious reply, CBA these days, and also why bother? Delete and move on (or ignore it for days, as they started spamming a while ago).

MY TORQUE SCREWDRIVER COMPETITION WASN'T REALLY WORKING.

"A lot of people have bought boards from me, but quite often, it is for board changes, where the existing wiring is a mess. With the best will in the world, the resulting board does not look like a showpiece installation."

SO, I CHANGED THE COMPETITION INTO A RAFFLE - THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER

"If you are interested in the Torque Screwdriver, all you need to do is e-mail your Account Number to me at [email protected]."   VERY FEW PEOPLE DID..

SO, I AM INCLUDING THE ACCOUNT NUMBERS OF EVERYBODY WHO'S ORDERED IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS.

AND BECAUSE I AM COMBINING MY OWN CUSTOMER BASE WITH THE ECUK Facebook AND TEF FORUMS, THERE WILL BE THREE WINNERS

At the end of May, I shall draw the winners from the hat, which contains slips of papers with your SBS Account Numbers on them.

FOR THOSE NON-CUSTOMERS, WHO HAVE BEEN THINKING OF BUYING ONE OF MY BOARDS, BUY ONE THIS MONTH AND JOIN THE RAFFLE.

SBS Dave

This is the first Double Decker I have done, with the new LiVE Metal Box. The 10mm links from top to bottom DIN rails don't look too neat, but I already have an idea for a better

arrangement

.IMG_2882.JPGIMG_2883.JPGIMG_2886.JPG

One of my granddaughters drew 6 Account Nos out of the hat last night, for my !st and 2nd Prizes Draw.

The first 3 Accounts have each won the 1st prize of a Felo Torque Screwdriver Handle and 2 blades of their choice.

The last 3 Accounts have each won the 2nd prize of a Felo  Magnetic Screwholder (which I have found particularly useful).

I shall notify the winners individually, including 3 on this Forum. The Account numbers, were:-

1st PRIZES      SWB01,  RGE01,  ELQ22,     2nd PRIZES       PES01,  CSE01,  RNE01.

If you need verification of the draw, I have a sequence of photos, which I can post, if necessary.

SBS Dave

Here's another job nearing completion. My customer is happy with all the room in the boards.

It wouldn't be that neat with all the additional neutral and earth flying leads of Standard RCBOs.

IMG_20170721_1314006.jpgIMG_20170721_1405150.jpg

Hi Dave,

Are your compact range of RCBO's available in C curve. Are they a SP+N type device or are they a true d/pole OCPD? Finally are they available in a form factor that's supply in at the top and load at the bottom?