scantronic 9448+ Alarm fault

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maffematics

Reaction score
Hi All

I Have replace an old alarm panel with a 9448+ for a customer powered it up tested it all working normally a couple of hours later they phoned me back to tell me the bell box was sounding and the keypad would not accept any codes. I went back no power at the remote keypad but at least the bell had shut up. The problem was the internal fuse had blown so i replace it disconnected the bell we had a bit of a hail stone so thought that could be the problem and didnt want it going off at 3am put everything back together powered up all fine 5 mins later the same fuse had blown any ideas i have fitted 100s of these panels and got round a lot of faults but i never come across this one.

Thanks

Matt

The 1a Fuse in the panel which protects the bell and remote keypad the one next to the connections. Hope you know which one i mean

Did you fully tested continuity and insulation on each of the cables before connecting the new panel?

Doc H.