self certifying

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have e-mailed my certificates to the LABC and they just issue the compliance certificate, I dont even need to go through the NICEIC, but I do anyway.My local labc prefer me doing it this way because they can sign the building off far sooner than waiting for the NICEIC to respond.

I would like to know the outcome of this though, for another reason!!!!

I did my cpc "Certificate of Proffesional Competance" for the haulage industry.

This was so my dad could get his operators licence, then I had loads of people offering to pay me if I represented them as well.

So you can see where I am going.

Would it be possible for one person to be registered and yet represent multiple companies?
I dont think so,

you must be a full time employee of each company, for NICEIC at least,

prob to stop such things happening.

but, there is no reason you cannot be a full time employee and also self employed.

see Admins post earlier as regards to replys from providers on this subject.

I think at this stage it will be Elecsa by the looks of things,

anyone wanna give opinions on schemes.?

I have e-mailed my certificates to the LABC and they just issue the compliance certificate, I dont even need to go through the NICEIC, but I do anyway.
but would they be happy for you to just send them the certs, even if your not scam reg'd?

I dont think so,you must be a full time employee of each company, for NICEIC at least,

prob to stop such things happening.

but, there is no reason you cannot be a full time employee and also self employed.

see Admins post earlier as regards to replys from providers on this subject.

I think at this stage it will be Elecsa by the looks of things,

anyone wanna give opinions on schemes.?
I know nappit dont charge extra for approved scope, whereas the NICEIC do.

This way you could get approved, part p and pir all for one price, instead of the split pricing the nic do.

I know nappit dont charge extra for approved scope, whereas the NICEIC do.This way you could get approved, part p and pir all for one price, instead of the split pricing the nic do.
that is exactly the point at which I stopped reading the NICEICs website,

but Im a bit lost as to what that means exactly,

commercial/industrial doesnt come under part P, so cant you just issue certs anyway?

I know that Im(my firm that is) is an Approved Contractor with NIC, what what does that benefit?

I only registered with Part P because they said I could not do any domestics after 2005 if I was not.

Most of my work is commercial and industrial and as yet there is no need to be registered with any provider.

Some insurance work I have carried out, the insurance have asked to see proof of my qualifications, so I show them my ONC and later quals, that normally shuts them up.

On my last assessment I had only done 4 domestic jobs, and they asked why I had not gone approved, I told them I aint paying for what I dont need, and if I do another 4 domestic jobs next year I am going to pull out of part p as well.

:)

you hang in there GH, just send me your cert books and I'll buy you a few pints......

heck, I'll even come and get them off you, you couldnt be that far from me, M45

im joining napit this week, im getting it cheaper as im jumping ship so i dont think i will be paying the inital fee just membership. The down side is the PI insurance which is proving to be rather expensive at the moment.

Note 1 Membership fee covers up to 10 operatives. Initial application fee covers on site assessment for 2 operatives if carried out

on the same day. Additional assessments are charged at

,commercial/industrial doesnt come under part P, so cant you just issue certs anyway?
im registed with elecsa purely for part P. for commercial, i jst get on with the work and issue relevent certs.

maybe in a year or 2 i wont bother re-newing elecsa membership

thats exactly what Im looking at, why do I want to be in a scheme paying more for commercial, when I dont need to be?

rang elecsa today, I think thats the one for me, its merely for part P.

BTW Andy, do they do a commercial/ind cert, or do you just use a generic one?
i dont use elecsa certs anyway. i just print the 7671 forms to NCR paper. use these for all work

I use the easycert now more than anything, overprinting the domestic certs.

I have a logo and company name inserted and they look great.

Another vote for easycert. Very easy and sections go red if you forget to fill them out.

Latest posts