Shower Pull Switch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrics_new

Reaction score
HI All

Advise needed please...........

OK went to a job today to change over some lights in bathroom. However, while i was there - noticed that the hower pull switch is located within the shower tray.  

Albeit, outside of the prescribed zones as the ceilings are more than 2.25M height. 

The Plumber left it where is was line...............

OK - issue is that it doesn't look to good there. Customer wants me to replace it with a 45AMP Switch so pull cord doesn't hang down.

Anyway............. i said i'll get back to them on that part of the job.

From my knowledge you can't get an IP Rated Shower Switch and if you could how you going to switch it off to isolate it if need be ??????????

I could put  blanking plate and trace the cable and so put a switch outside of the bathroom but we got issue tracing cable and the fitted wardrobes outside of the bathroom.

ANY PRACTICAL ADVISE ???????????

thanks in advance

From my knowledge you can't get an IP Rated Shower Switch and if you could how you going to switch it off to isolate it if need be ??????????
Of course you can, a rotary isolator would suffice. Why would you not be able to turn it off when required?

I could put  blanking plate and trace the cable and so put a switch outside of the bathroom but we got issue tracing cable and the fitted wardrobes outside of the bathroom.
So you haven't even looked at the job in any detail then. Do this first rather than spending more time trying to avoid looking at it properly.

Normal wall switch location is outside the room.

Why not just move the pull switch to a better location outside the shower area? Fit a blank where the old switch was that can be filled in properly next time they decorate.

cut the string to nearer the ceiling?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pro Dave - your right best route is to put a blanking plate on it and move it outside of the shower.

why not install the 45A DP switch? it is outside the zones, so no need for IP rating.

Latest posts