Silly Electrician thing !

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worst one I had as an apprentice, working on what I thought was an economy7 off peak board at 1 in the afternoon I decided to try and insert the 16mm tails to the main switch, at which point I received the most almighty shock, had to sit down for half an hour, when my senior electrician, my dad came over to let me know, 'oh yeah, this house has a afternoon boost, keep your eye on it'. Assumption is the mother, or should I say father of all f**k ups.

Anyway back to the original thought, I have never thought of that Mr Evans, but something makes me think I will from now on.

Thanks,

Donnie

We all do it eventually Donnie, forget the very first thing we must NEVER forget , and that is , whatever anyone tells you about it being dead ,you still test it yourself .

The first Sparks I worked with, Mike Faraday, told me that on my first day at work ..." If I tell you that is dead ...don't believe me or anyone else "

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive had loads of digs of RCD protected circuits without the RCD tripping out, care to guess why? and the RCD worked fine.
30mil is enough to shock but hopefully not to kill, so u probably received a lot less than 30mA, I've received enough to trip a 30mA so in likelyhood 23-26mA and it hurt a bit scared me but little else, if I had been up steps it would have been a lot worse.