Single or double pole rcbo

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

jaguar1

Reaction score
I assume that you have to fit a double pole rcbo at the consumer unit to protect your sockets as they may be used outside in the garden , ie in the event of a fault both the live and neutral are isolated , would you be allowed to fit a single pole rcbo for sockets ??

Reaction score
I assume that you have to fit a double pole rcbo at the consumer unit to protect your sockets as they may be used outside in the garden , ie in the event of a fault both the live and neutral are isolated , would you be allowed to fit a single pole rcbo for sockets ??
BS7671:2008-Reg. 537.2.1.1 For TN-S & TN-C-S

HTH

KME

jaguar1

Reaction score
Yes i found the reg on page 116 , but where does it mention outside in the garden ie outside the building ?

jaguar1

Reaction score
But i was told by my lecturer on the 17th iee course it had to be double pole for out doors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Reaction score
Next time you go in, ask him for the reg. no. please?AFAIAC, I would go with 537.2.1.1.

KME
concur,

I think most tutors etc just assume systems, spoke to one a while back and he admitted to never even having seen a TT system, :|

no probs there, but how can someone teach you about something they dont even understand themselves?

they are only reading text out, NOT teaching.! :eek:

IMHO you really only/ever should break the N on a TT system, never on a TNCS.

Nicky Tesla

Reaction score
But i was told by my lecturer on the 17th iee course it had to be double pole for out doors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes i think i heard this too. Ill try and research this myself.

Latest posts