size of tails

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no expert on these things but Steps is right. Unless you can physically see it (permission to cut seals) then you have to state it as unknown. You can't sign a certificate to the effect of a 100A fuse if there isn't one...........
Unknown OR perhaps <=100a ? if 25m tails from HED.

or <=80a as appropriate!

hands or centimetres...1 tail = big hands = little centimeters = They will ALL fit in my trailer! :p :p:^O:z
It's not that big! My trailer is bigger :p

little centimeters? Is that like going out for a large pint? :|

hi binky, I'm in St Austell. Applaud SmileyAre you down this way ?

Macca
Thought you might be - the picture of the eden project was a give away. I'm based in Plymouth, but occasionally bits of work crop up in deepest Cornwall that aren't worth my time to drive to, especially in emmet season. Will keep you in mind.

Thought you might be - the picture of the eden project was a give away. I'm based in Plymouth, but occasionally bits of work crop up in deepest Cornwall that aren't worth my time to drive to, especially in emmet season. Will keep you in mind.
Thats very kind of you. Binky

My Son is the photographer of that one , he went up there during the summer hols and got this fantastic photo. Did a bit of rewiring of student accomodation in Mutley a couple of years ago......Parking was a nightmare... :(

Macca

Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

..... especially in emmet season.....
Hmmm!

eh up Binky... you referring to the likes of 'Spec Loc' AKA 'Trailer Boy' (and others similar), comin down to Sunny Cornwall with his Caravan in tow during the ole summer hols...

by any chance???? ?:| ;)

I wondered what an 'emmet' was. Assumed a small bird? Imagined emmet season and rich gentry and business men with 12 bores...............

:S

I wondered what an 'emmet' was. Assumed a small bird? Imagined emmet season and rich gentry and business men with 12 bores...............:S
I believe it is something more to do with "blo**y Tourists"!!

but I am sure Binky & Co can correct as appropriate! :D

Emmet - its Cornish for ant. If you've ever been stuck on the M5/A30, you'll know what they mean.

And yes it is something to do with tourists. I'll leave it at that :)

Why Apache? What's wrong with the shortcut?

Thats very kind of you. BinkyMy Son is the photographer of that one , he went up there during the summer hols and got this fantastic photo. Did a bit of rewiring of student accomodation in Mutley a couple of years ago......Parking was a nightmare... :(

Macca

Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink
Its worth getting an 'essential worker permit' if your in town for any length of time. costs around

I thought we were supposed to fit 25mm tails to because the supply companies were upgrading their main fuses to 100a . In what was the MEB area (B,ham & Midlands) they would not connect 16mm tails.

Deke

I would like to think ALL newly fitted consumer units have 25mm tails (standard 2-4 bedroom dwellings), but perhaps Flats/Annexes etc with 60A supplies, then 16mm tails.

Don