Solax inveter tripping MCB

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok so MCB changed to same model/unit/brand

installer said excatly what has been said here.

lets see if it trips (which it will) and i'll hassel them on the 6-10mm cable and uprated MCB @ 50a

1679479195953.png

so the battery boosted to around 7100w last night and no trip of the MCB although it was a short period of time as the battery had a decent % already before charging.

replacment MCB didnt trip though but going to run it over a week.

10mm cable is on route also.

ok so tiny update.

The installer is sending someone to "swap" over the MCB - Lets see what they replace it with.

They have told me 4mm cable is fine and if the MCB (after replacment) keeps tripping they will then swap to 6mm (i pointed out the manual is 8-10mm) they guy on the phone kinda laughed and ignored me.

Hum. Worrying comment

Change MCB to higher rating, but only change cable if it trips again

Either you misheard or the “installer” doesn’t know what they are talking about

The MCB is there too protect the cable

What rating MCB did they fit?

Hum. Worrying comment

Change MCB to higher rating, but only change cable if it trips again

Either you misheard or the “installer” doesn’t know what they are talking about

The MCB is there too protect the cable

What rating MCB did they fit?

They swapped the MCB with excatly the same model/make/rating (32A, LIVE-MCB @ 6ka)

I told the installer i want 10mm cable as per the manual of solax. He said your going to have to call head office etc.

I thought sod that ive wasted enough time here.

Ordered the 10mm cable personally as recommended by sparky (other 3rd party) who will install and swap out the whole consumer unit (solar one) with 50A breaker @ 6ka as per the spec sheet.

They swapped the MCB with excatly the same model/make/rating (32A, LIVE-MCB @ 6ka)

I told the installer i want 10mm cable as per the manual of solax. He said your going to have to call head office etc.

I thought sod that ive wasted enough time here.

Ordered the 10mm cable personally as recommended by sparky (other 3rd party) who will install and swap out the whole consumer unit (solar one) with 50A breaker @ 6ka as per the spec sheet.

Still think you need to get the installer to do it correctly.

Make a nuisance and maybe they will learn to do it correctly first time next time.

And have they given certificates for their work? They should

Still think you need to get the installer to do it correctly.

Make a nuisance and maybe they will learn to do it correctly first time next time.

And have they given certificates for their work? They should
i have the eletrical certs from the install.

THe guy that turned up was a differen guy felt like he was caught in the middle.

I think i'll just get it done properly by the other installer and walk away from the situation

This is a prime example of what all these so called schemes miss, the customer gets a shoddy install by an alleged professional company and due to lack of being able to enforce correct install, has opted to go elsewhere to get it rectified, leaving so called professional company to continue on in same shoddy way.

And we are supposed to be a developed country?? I’d say more like a third world crash bang wallop forget about it country.

Oh well what do I know?

i have the eletrical certs from the install.

THe guy that turned up was a differen guy felt like he was caught in the middle.

I think i'll just get it done properly by the other installer and walk away from the situation

So your certificate for the electrics is invalid as the install has been changed ….

Being pedantic a MWC should be provided and once the cable is changed by somebody else , another, but the original installer will wash their hands off the install

Your choice I guess

im under the impression once cable / MCB's uprated etc new installer will sign off with cert. Something i will double check.

ok cable has been upgraded to 10mm, all the way through from invertor to fuse and even the cables inside the fuse box (from 4mm > 10mm) certified etc etc.

Now i dont know if its just me or maybe the bad weather recently but i dont seem to be getting the same kw numbers from my panels. (maybe its just me!!!) and the weather recently has been cloudy but im sure i used to get 3-4kw on these type of days now its 2-3kw.

The cable that was replaced was a 4mm and it had ALLOT of slack/coiled up spare.

The new cable is about 5m shorter and nicely cable clipped to the wall.