Solis inverter readout

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy1733

Reaction score
I've never noticed before though this morning I clicked to see what we were generating
It was cloudy and On the screen it said (approx) producing 1.1kw. back to grid was 0.6kw. House was using the test. Then the sun came out.
The screen said producing 3.7kw. 2.2kw back to grid house was using 1.5kw

What's confusing me is nothing extra was turned on in the house. So why would the house usage alter. Surely only the back to grid would alter or am I missing something!

Those items are always plugged in so why would they fluctuate with the sun. I did a video but it's too large to load ☹️
Nothing to do with the sun. Plugged in doesn't mean drawing power. Fridges, etc, switch on and off at random intervals as their internal temperatures require. Lots of other possible items too, depending on what you have in your house. Aquarium heaters, heated towel rails, any central heating boilers and pumps.

I get why they would go up and down but I stood and watched it over approx 20 minutes. When the sun went in the production dropped and so did the consumption. When the sun came out the production rose and so did the consumption. After a few minutes the sun went in,. Again the production dropped and so did the consumption.
Surely the consumption would call for electricity when it needed it not when the production went up.

Btw through all this I was sending the spare back to the grid so there were excess the appliance could have used

My video is too large to load so I've taken clips from the video at 5 second intervals

I will check it out tomorrow.
I believe it's on the live tail between the meter and the Henley block. Arrow pointing to the meter

Clamp looks to be the right way
Inverter read out looks more normal this morning

IMG_20220530_094140.jpg

CT clamps measure current not power consumption. To measure power consumption to need to measure current, voltage, and phase angle. It is likely all 3 will vary with the sun.

CT clamps measure current not power consumption. To measure power consumption to need to measure current, voltage, and phase angle. It is likely all 3 will vary with the sun.
The readout that was a bit weird was the reading was all on the back up AC feed. Not on the main AC feed.

Latest posts