Some Pictures from Todays Domestic EICR

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix

Reaction score
We are working for the managment agency that look after the property for the landlord, not sure they are the same one as five years ago, but apparently she was told it was unsatsifactory by the guy doing the EICR but no one got arrangeed for remedials. I get the feeling a lot of these may be the fault of her ex-partner, and also a handman she told me she'd got in to sort an outside light....
4_resized.jpg

Not one, but two connector blocks wrapped in gaffa tape where additional lighting has been adeed in garage

55_resized.jpg

But whats going on at the other original lighting position?

54_resized.jpg

Give it a pull and this pops out of the ceiling (and light goes out because the neutral is loose)

77_resized.jpg

Switch for the undercupboard lights, its just a 6A light switch, supplied by a 2.5 brown and blue fished to the socket at the side, on the ring, the only earth connected is the outgoing cable to the LED PSU/Driver, and looking above, it doesn't get any better:

1722623176041.jpeg
I'd have almost forgiven the exposed connector block on the ELV, but theres one on 240v as well

35_resized.jpg
Utility room metal switch, like many is unearthed, the switch on the right hand side is where he has decided to add an extra 2D style fitting, off an existing 3A fused spur for lighting, unfortuntaly 0.75mm has been connected onto the incomming side with the ring, and for some reason its the neutral that is switched (the live is jointed, somehow under a mass of tape in the cupboard this is fixed to)

16_resized.jpg
And the final picture, the LED floodlight the handman changed, I am guessing yellow of the 3c must be a switched override, but the cpc was cut back and the stub didnt have continuity, so fitting got disconnected from the joint box (Green lead is clipped onto wander lead from the earth of a socket, red is obviously on the metalwork of the fitting)

[Yes I had the neck strap of the tester hung over me, I'm only resting my arm against it to push it against wall and get screen in picture, its not at risk of falling anywhere :p]

Thats not even close to all the pictures, it was like someone had the reverse middas touch, everything they had touched had turned to shit!