Something Superior To Nws Pliers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFieldy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First post here, I've read the threads on here for a long time and decided it was about time I signed up.

Anyway, received my first pair of NWS pliers today in the mail and I can't say I'm impressed. I read up for quite a while and looked extensively and Knipex and thought they looked great, but thought of trying NWS as I heard they were the best.

The pair is a 205mm long nose plier. The alignment is off and the and machining isn't great. Not sure if I've just got a dodgy pair though.

Anyone here got any suggestions for superior pliers? I was thinking to look at Knipex, Bahco and Gedore.

i saw that the other week. looks weird, possibly awkward to use? but then if your impressed with it, then it must be good. did you get it from your corner shop?

i saw that the other week. looks weird, possibly awkward to use? but then if your impressed with it, then it must be good. did you get it from your corner shop?
I think you are correct in your assumption as to the location of my supply source

Drivers are slim style complete with some torx bits as well

Pliers look a bit un handleable........but thery are not. Jaw tips are smooth to save damaging insulation

Cutters will shear 35 singles/tails like a sharp thing through something really really soft

Nice grips

Good grip on nuts n stuff

Stripping notch is handy as I have been using a lot of tri rated recently

Just pick up the tool roll, testers and a head torch and i am good to go for most quick fixes

The other £40,000 + of tools are just luxuries!!!!!!!!

Just liking

I had a set of Knipex long nose pliers for years they served me well think I lost them in the end. I have been using a cheap set from SF they have now gone missing. I actually brought some sets from Megger Mark A while back will have to start using them they are Knipex.

As for NWS I had a £50 set of cutters lost them on a job that did bug me. They always worked very well. The only NWS ones I have now are a small set of cutters they actually work OK . If you have brought something that is faulty return it to who you bought it from.

Last edited by a moderator: