Spot lights turn on dim in bathroom and fan comes on when fan isolator is switched on but light switch is off

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get how it is incorrectly wired because there's not a lot there lol, you have a feed, switch, fan and loop out and also a feed for a mirror light, so don't get how it's wired wrong lol

Some fans of the lesser known may not use ‘generic’ ‘standard’ connection connotations. The fact that you turn in the isolator and fan starts when it shouldn’t suggests something is wrong at fan. Have you disconnected the fan at isolator and tried lights?

Some fans of the lesser known may not use ‘generic’ ‘standard’ connection connotations. The fact that you turn in the isolator and fan starts when it shouldn’t suggests something is wrong at fan. Have you disconnected the fan at isolator and tried lights?
I havent disconnected the fan from the isolator, sorry this js all a bit new to me lol. what would that achieve if I do so? Because dosent it need an isolator switch?

By disconnecting it you will establish if your lights work correctly.
The lights work correctly using the switch but the fan wont fire up, when the lights are off and I turn the fan isolator on the lights turn on but become dim and then the fan kicks in.

The whole lot wants disconnecting and for someone competent to carry out continuity tests then reconnect in a professional manner. While they are at it bin the extractor and get a new one from a reputable manufacturer.

The lights work correctly using the switch but the fan wont fire up, when the lights are off and I turn the fan isolator on the lights turn on but become dim and then the fan kicks in.
So you either have a poor quality switch or a poor quality fan!
I would check the terminations in the switch and fan to make sure that the ‘spark’ hasn’t caught the insulation when terminating.