Spur from spur

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gragray

Reaction score
Would it be acceptable to run a fused spur from a SO, then to another SO on the other side of the wall. I ask this cause my cliant doesn't want me to pull up floor boards in the other room to extend this into the ring

Thanks,

Graham

so far only the ring exists, so what i want to do is (ring SO-(13A fuse-(Spur SO-(SpurSO

Hope that makes sence :)

untitled.jpg

Hi Gg. From your ring you can either [1]. break into one leg of it --go around your proposed outlet -then return to omplete the ring ....or...

[2].branch off the ring to 1. outlet only.or...

[3].branch off the ring to a fused spur and then off to a number off outlets [loading restrictions applicable ]

a1spark.

could you not extend the one leg of the ring to the new socket from the old soicket and then use the terminal youve removed one leg from to take the other new cable from.

untitled1.jpg

Would it be acceptable to run a fused spur from a SO, then to another SO on the other side of the wall. I ask this cause my cliant doesn't want me to pull up floor boards in the other room to extend this into the ringThanks,

Graham
Yes, this is acceptable - the fact that the spur is fused prevents the cable from being overloaded. Add as many sockets as you like. :p